Author Topic: Average online lifespan of a AH'r  (Read 3961 times)

Offline HGpappy.BG

• Zinc Member
      • http://138thAvationRC.webs.com
Average online lifespan of a AH'r
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2007, 06:37:37 AM »
I started flying AH in 1999,  later on I joined the 339th Fg. I flew MA for a few years untill my health when sour and could not aford to pay & play due to doctor bills, so I started flying H2H then that went sour as well. I was ban because of my attitude on the AHBB because of the closing of H2H but thats all in the past now. So now I don't fly at all, only from my own airfield.
I've been building R/C Aircraft and flying them insted, if you want to see them, I have a website, but I not sure if I can post it here or not with out Skuzzy's OK.
I just want to say that I have enjoyed the years of flying with all of you guys/gal's it's been fun, and I wish you all the luck.

Pappy.........out

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2007, 10:54:14 AM »
I started in tour 24 1/02 in AH.  I had been non-stop in AirWarrior since 2/96 and will be in here until I can't fly anymore due to some unforseen drastic situation.  I do miss the community of AW.  I remember being enticed by AW SVGA Dos version but didn't play online on Genie as I couldn't afford it then and played it offline.  Now as an old fart, I think I've forgotten more than I've learned about combat flying cause I suck for air in AH today.   :cry

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1

ps.. I have to agree with GHI about the noobs, we need to embrace them and make em feel wanted.
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 12:33:47 PM »
Played for a couple years straight after AW folded.  All of 2003 too.

Now, it's 1 or 2 months on, 2 to 3 months off.

The move to small maps and stale maps made things less enjoyable.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »
Just check our forum registration dates.

Thats alot of monthly dues.

Offline Triumph

• Copper Member
How long?
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
4 years--- This is the cheapest hobbie I have ever had
<<<Triumph>>>

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »
i just hit my 4th year like a month ago
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2007, 02:11:12 PM »
I'm thinking you haven't been around that long redman.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2007, 11:46:20 PM »
ya i have... my ingame is BigBOBCH... i started playin in 2003
:huh
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2007, 12:13:43 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Started - Tour 26 - 03/2002

Same here - Tour 26

Before that it was AW for about 3+ years.

:aok

Mac

Offline Nikora

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2007, 01:34:07 AM »
If they continue to ignor the players the business wont last long. especialy when moder air combat sim comes out. im about to cancel my subscription. ive been on 2 years. just getting tired of all the BS that goes unchecked:mad:

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Re: Average online lifespan of a AH'r
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2007, 02:02:14 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
If i would own this great game i would pay more attention to the new players, once they get in game  disoriented, advertising cost $$, why lose them ? this game should have at least 4-5 times more players in prime time with a little  "noob management ".
  I would make them skip the health insurance and lunch $$ but pay for AH, let them feel welcome, not slaped in face  with answers like" stupid noob go to TA", "press alt+ctr+del", (press enter 3 times"). Who has time for game training arena?  imop split arena destroyed  the medium/large SQDs recruiting new players, that was like "welcome crew" for new players, teaching them the basics and make them feel usefull, and make friends and more fun,
 Without those SQDs recruiting and integrating new players, a noob is like Angelina Jolie's new adopted from overseas dumped on Manhatan  streets,in the middle of the night

Blah Blah from one of the cheapest noob seeking dorks in the game.  You have no heart or respect for anyone but yourself.  So spare us all that have been around for your antics :)

MGD

Offline projoe

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2007, 02:35:30 AM »
Since they started this game in AOL...think 1996...any of you remember when it was $1.99 an hour?  And at the end of the month you get a $300.00 credit card bill. :)....talk about some major wife ack..whew!!
Then went to warbirds...then to AH in '02 I think.
    Several times i've not flown for several months at a time...but like bat says...its worth continuing to pay even if u don't fly much.....very fun very cheap hobby!!
ProJoe
367th  Dynamite Gang
Projoe 367th Dynamite Gang

Spread my work ethic
Not my wealth!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2007, 06:47:36 AM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Did you count JRs account to?

one time ...in AH....i stole bk's happy meal .......

ohhhhhh and.....3 years for me yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyz! \o/!!!!!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline rob53

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »
Been here since open beta...no interruptions.  I've seen many a name come and go.  I've been divorced and remarried in that time span.  Thank God wife #2 is 100 times more understanding about my AH addiction :aok .

She even bought me the 57" lcd tv for my puter.....what a woman!! :D
(it keeps me out of the bars etc...)

Thank you HT and staff for a great game!

Rob
rob53
The Flying Circus

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2007, 10:21:43 AM »
ive been playing about a year i did my two weeks in sept of 2006
could not at the time afford the 15 dollars, so i did hth with a mouse until about june i boutght a saitek 290 stick.
i subscirbed about a week after they killed hth.

its been a love hate relationship.
i play just about everyday for a few hours, when i get tired or bored i go watch tv instead or read a book.
if life ever intervenes ill probably make time to play at least once a week. (preferably on squad nights)

i dont see myself canceling my account as long as i can play the game on my computer. well its my mom;s computer and her internet so at anytime i could cancel my account but im sure id come back.

i rarely play any other game, i own half-life 1&2 call of duty a few dungeon and dragons games neverwinternigths diablo diablo 2 starcraft.
i rarely even buy new games im still trying to finish all of neverwineter nights and i have a full library of  games from my childhood. on a laptop that was given to me.

its a good comunity of mostly helpful people. Sure there is a whole lot of BBS chocolate goodness to deal with, but I want to be here when CT comes out.
If it sucks (which im sure it wont) i will still make time to fly the ma's special events and maybe one day if im good enough become a trainer.

as a squadmate once told me
"the game is great for the first few years. but what really makes me come back is the people and getting to kill them."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:24:52 AM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V