Author Topic: Last of a Dying Breed  (Read 735 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Last of a Dying Breed
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »
Just a comment on Last of a Dying Breed. The F4Us should be -1 birdcages. 1As didn't start seeing action until late 1943.

Also, you may want to consider running it maybe on Friday night, rather than Thursday afternoon. You might get more takers that way.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Last of a Dying Breed
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »
Sax, Thursday snapshot was desgned so European players could play. It will not change. And besides, FSO is on friday nights....

Regards,
Subway
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Last of a Dying Breed
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:16:47 AM »
What about the same time on Friday afternoon? I'm just saying that doing it ON Thanksgiving is going to keep a lot of interested people away.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Last of a Dying Breed
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 10:21:06 AM »
Hey Sax, I wrote this snapshot some time ago...Before we had the F4U-1A Variant we have now.
Possibly when it was updated for the new events website, someone mistakenly put the new model in.

I corrected it to show the F4U-1.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Last of a Dying Breed
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »
Europeans celebrate Thanksgiving so won't show up for the event?
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Last of a Dying Breed
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 12:17:59 PM »
Thank you for pointing out my brain fart, but there's still people here who'd like in (I've got a squad willing to sign on for Hog duty) but scheduling on ANY holiday is problematic (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, whatever)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Last of a Dying Breed
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
I've got a squad willing to sign on for Hog duty)

Sign up for Friday Squad Ops... Plenty of Hog Duty for the month of December. PM me for details.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!