Author Topic: Adult Swim's new import (?)  (Read 808 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Adult Swim's new import (?)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 10:43:57 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
I saw Evangelion.  I was told not to watch the last 2 episodes.  I wonder if I made the right choice by not watching it:noid

The last two episodes dont really end the series. It just leaves you hanging and not sure on what just happened.

End of Evangelion is a better choice instead of the last two eps
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »
<---makes the Inuyasha dumbfounded face.. :confused:
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 11:12:05 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
The last two episodes dont really end the series. It just leaves you hanging and not sure on what just happened.

End of Evangelion is a better choice instead of the last two eps

I read somewhere that the movies were made because Anno Hideaki recieved death threats.  Those 2 eps must be a kind of bad trip:D

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 11:54:15 PM »
Go Team Venture!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 08:12:43 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
I read somewhere that the movies were made because Anno Hideaki recieved death threats.  Those 2 eps must be a kind of bad trip:D

The only good part of the last two eps was a short maybe 3 minute segment if them living a life without the Eva's. Shinji and Auska grew up as childhood friends and they meet Rei for the first time running into her (literary) on the way to school.

In class an arguement starts over shown panties, doing it, etc

Funny stuff :rofl
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Hien

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 08:31:22 AM »

Made by the people who made FLCL, I just started watching it Sub'd, good lord.  

I have a semi-ex who is really into Deathnote, it looks good.  But I tend to like funny Anime over seriousomg!Drama anime.  And Lagann is definitly fun.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 03:03:33 PM »
Originally posted by Hien

I have a semi-ex who is really into Deathnote, it looks good.  But I tend to like funny Anime over seriousomg!Drama anime.  And Lagann is definitly fun.

downloading lagann now...

I think here's something that you and your ex can enjoy... (if she's still around...)  Kanon

Kanon almost toppled Death Note on my top list, but I seem to be more attached to Kanon:p

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:46 PM »
This's what I have on my Laptop,  and Death Note (1st post above) on my desktop PC:D

(characters from Kanon)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:18:31 PM by 1K3 »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »

Offline Hien

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 04:17:33 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
downloading lagann now...

I think here's something that you and your ex can enjoy... (if she's still around...)  Kanon

Kanon almost toppled Death Note on my top list, but I seem to be more attached to Kanon:p

Careful, if you're Torrenting it.  There is a bad Torrent going around with some really crappy subtitles.

And thanks, she isn't around as much as I wish she could be (We had to break up because school was getting crazy, but we're still great friends.  I am with all of my Exes (all 3 of them :lol ), I just think ending a relationship with yelling is silly, and not worth the effort.)

On another note.  

My final form. :D

Offline Hien

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 07:51:26 PM »
Double Post, I know, forgive me.

I just finished Gurren Lagann...

Oh.
Good.
Lord.

Epic does not even begin to describe this...

It may be one of the few anime I watch twice *gasps in horror*

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »
You dont visit a certain board with the name "Chan" do you? :D

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »
I can never really make myself watch the anime that everybody raves about. If I've never heard of it before, I'll watch it. If there's been countless parodies, spinoffs, hoards of girls running around in its merchandise, or my ex owns every copy of the manga, I won't watch it. :p

Hence my collection of Slayers, Outlaw Star, and Trigun.

O.T. I payed just under $1k for my Slayers collection and now they're releasing the remastered versions for a total of about $90... :cry
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
O.T. I payed just under $1k for my Slayers collection and now they're releasing the remastered versions for a total of about $90... :cry

You payed "just under 1k" for Slayers DVD?  That doesn't sound right.  I understand if you bought that DVD back in mid 1990s because DVDs were expensive and so is anime.

For under 1k I got all 161 episodes + 12 OVAs + 2  of Ranma 1/2 DVDs. Those 8 brick-box-sets costs me around ~$100 each.  It's all good but I will never spend that much such thing ever again:furious

[ EDIT ]  Since Ranma 1/2 anime didn't have the ending, I ended up buying all Ranma 1/2 manga to see the ending.  Ranma 1/2 costs me 1k even:furious

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 11:17:03 PM by 1K3 »

Offline Hien

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 12:30:47 AM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
You dont visit a certain board with the name "Chan" do you? :D

Perhaps I do....

Perhaps that 600mbs of a folder on my desktop is a lie...  Perhaps.

In the end.  It's all for the lolz.  :p