Author Topic: I'm so mad...  (Read 550 times)

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
I'm so mad...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »
I have now been smoke free for 5 days, cold- turkey. Ill be 35 next year and figured if I didn't quit now I never would. Smoking is really the only regret I've had in my life. Wish I had never even started. They say kicking cigarettes is harder than kicking heroine. I don't know if thats true but damn this has been a ROUGH effing week. Really effing rough. I feel like killing about every 3rd person I see, and have zero patience. It's getting better now though. Tell your sister that there is nothing to be gained by smoking.
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
I'm so mad...
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »
Good luck porkfrog. Really. Gonna give it a go myself soon, but not quite ready yet.  I run a 10-miler four times a week and the first thing I do when I stop is light up:lol   Don't smoke kiddies!!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
I'm so mad...
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 01:46:08 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
I smoke Camel Ultra Lights.

so many older folks say "Camel are the worst of the worst" but is any cigarette the "worst"?

yeah Camel filters (the non-lights) do have high amounts of tar and nicotine according to the ancient testing method the government uses...

but every smoker smokes different. soem hot-box it really fast and deep during a quick smoke break at work, some leisurely puff while sitting at a desk, all different.

my ultra lights are pretty light. I can't handle even a plain Camel light, it hurts to breathe it in.

The difference between smoking regular, lights and ultra lights of any brand is like the difference between jumping out the 20th, 21st or 22nd floor of a building. The results are the same, it just takes you slightly longer to get there.

God I miss cigarettes.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
I'm so mad...
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 04:15:44 AM »
So do you smokers really think that 'diet/light' cigarette is doing less damage to your body?

Just wondering.  The evidence of the cancer it causes is pretty overwhelming.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: I'm so mad...
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 04:37:09 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
hell no, i don't smoke and I'm glad I didn't.  Instead of smokin and eating out, I put my change here with this bullet-proof plan

I`d light up if I were you. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------