Author Topic: You wanted to see it, Kappa  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
You wanted to see it, Kappa
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 08:36:28 PM »
Since when has Kappa begun to take anything in AH this seriously?

Yer scaring me Kappa.  Out of the 38 and now calling people punks.

Landing kills too.  Where did we go wrong? :)

Not like you at all :huh
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 08:38:09 PM »
How is it a gang if you dive into a cloud of red cons? You flew great, but your attitude could use some work.

Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
and what does this mean? no fault? If that were true wouldn't it mean no one would take damage? Like as in collisions turned off? It's my understanding if a plane dives on my 6 and collides with me it is their fault and they take the damage and I do not.. I get a 'xxxx has collided with you'...  xxx gets a 'you have collided'...

As I suspected, you really don't understand the collision system. Kinda amusing, since you were the one to immediately start spewing "newb" and "punk."

"Fault" and "damage" are completely separate issues. "Fault" means simply that on your front end your plane intersected with an opponents plane. So, since the system clearly saw you intersect my plane's position, you also were at fault for colliding with your plane on your front end -- regardless of your not taking significant damage.

....It's my understanding if a plane dives on my 6 and collides with me it is their fault and they take the damage and I do not.. I get a 'xxxx has collided with you'...  xxx gets a 'you have collided'...

This is completely incorrect. If you are going slower and another plane dives on you, blacking out and not maneuvering, that does NOT mean he is the one to take damage. If on HIS front end he pulls out above you, he will NOT take damage. On the other hand, if his course projects slightly offset on your computer so that he hits you from behind, YOU take the damage -- which is as it should be, since you are responsible for the position of your plane. And, if BOTH those things happen, then YOU take the damage and he does not, regardless of who was flying stupid or who would have been "blamed" by the FAA after investigation.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:43:59 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 08:44:06 PM »
Of course we could always refrain from taking the time to type in insults on 200 and get on with the business of flying cartoon airplanes.  I've died thousands of times and I always get a fresh new one.  Have I 'thought' someone was a jerk?  Yep.. many times.  Frankly my in game time is more valuable to me than to bother with name calling on 200. But that's just me.  As noted in other threads I'm insane and rather stupid.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »
lol guppy..  he kinda seemed harsh to me so i guess thats why i reacted that way..

How can a faster plane dive on my 6.. collide with me.. him explode and i take no damage.. i've seen this happen many times... hell, i've done it.. I've had it done to me..

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 08:51:45 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
How is it a gang if you dive into a cloud of red cons? You flew great, but your attitude could use some work. [/B]

Even if that were true.. the con I engaged and then seconds later the 2 more that came for me was not a cloud and you were not there.. you were re-alting..  once I am engaged with other cons and you return is reason enough for me to say you were attempting to gang me..  I'm not really concerned if ganging is right or wrong..  but the fact remains..

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »
As I understand it, and I may be wrong....

If you collide with someone (i.e. your plane occupies the same space as an enemy plane, whether "you rammed them" or "they rammed you" as far as you 'see'), you get a message "You have collided with soandso."  

If someone collides with you, you get the message "soandso has collided with you".  

In the latter case, you take damage.  In the former, you take no damage.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 09:05:52 PM »
In real life....If planes collided...wouldn't both probably get damage if not both explode?

This is my beef with the whole collision thing.

300-500 mph and hit something?  In mid air? while that was also moving really fast?

Dead people.....It would be dead people.

So with the "realistic" aspect that is brought up here on this BBS this seems to be the most unrealistic thing in the game.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
Kappa:

Hey, I've not been looking for a flame war here. As I've said repeatedly, I scr@wed up and I died. I posted because you refused to believe you had collided. That's it.  I admit I was annoyed that a player with way more skill than me, who I thought carried himself with class,  was consistently pretty nasty even when I was chuckling the only way we can on 200 ("he he").

I've not had a good month here or IRL... and, after all, nobody likes being called a liar.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no issue and the whole thing is over. The argument was stupid enough in the first place, and letting it get in the way of what's really important -- relationships between people -- would be beyond ignorance. On this end, I refuse to let that happen.

If I pizzed you off, I apologize. , and I'll see you in the cartoon skies (probably glued to my 6).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 09:09:58 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 09:12:06 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
In real life....If planes collided...wouldn't both probably get damage if not both explode?

This is my beef with the whole collision thing.

300-500 mph and hit something?  In mid air? while that was also moving really fast?

Dead people.....It would be dead people.

So with the "realistic" aspect that is brought up here on this BBS this seems to be the most unrealistic thing in the game.

but I thank gawd for it myself.. b/c i don't have to worry about peps i may or may not see sticking their prop thru my rudder while going for a shot.. I think the collison model is perfect..

and again Simaril.. I took 'NO' damage from your collision.. None.. not a gun.. not a gear.. nothing... I'm not saying you guys are wrong about how you view the model but something sure isn't complete about it..  

It is possible for a plane to dive on my 6..  collide with me.. explode.. and me take no damage..  seems like fault or blame to me.. just like what happened today.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 09:16:02 PM »
Jeesh, I am getting too impatient to type anymore.  Try this thread and pay special attention to responses by Bronk (especially his pictures), WMLute and Lusche.  It is quite long, but if you pay attention to the ones trying to explain rather than the ones trying to complain, you should be able to get it.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Kappa:

Hey, I've not been looking for a flame war here. As I've said repeatedly, I scr@wed up and I died. I posted because you refused to believe you had collided. That's it.  I admit I was annoyed that a player with way more skill than me, who I thought carried himself with class,  was consistently pretty nasty even when I was chuckling the only way we can on 200 ("he he").

yes, the only way we can on 200.. had i seen a 'he he' anywhere in your text im certain I would have reacted differently..  and as far as i can tell i've not flamed at all..  simply telling what I saw from my perspective..

got no hard feelings here.. and never would in this game..

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »
It is possible for a plane to dive on my 6..  collide with me.. explode.. and me take no damage..  seems like fault or blame to me.. just like what happened today.
Yes, because he flew into you on his computer, and he died.  On your computer he did not come in contact with your aircraft, so you did not collide, and you took no damage.

Had you paid attention to the text buffer, it would have said in white "Diving-guy collided with you."  This means his PC detected the collision, killed him, and transmitted the fact of the collision to your PC.  You did not see an orange "you have collided" message, therefore you took no damage.

Please see the link in my previous reply if you haven't already.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 09:25:08 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
Jeesh, I am getting too impatient to type anymore.  Try this thread and pay special attention to responses by Bronk (especially his pictures), WMLute and Lusche.  It is quite long, but if you pay attention to the ones trying to explain rather than the ones trying to complain, you should be able to get it.

lol wtf? i get he whole frontend portion of the statements.. I'm well aware of that..

which is my point.. if a faster con dives and collides with me (say they run straight up my rudder) they take the damage and i do not..  so there 'IS' a collison on ones frontend and not on mine.. hence they explode and i fly away..

I'll try not to sound irrational but I'd say it was the fault of the one that exploded.

Had you paid attention to the text buffer, it would have said in white "Diving-guy collided with you." This means his PC detected the collision, killed him, and transmitted the fact of the collision to your PC. You did not see an orange "you have collided" message, therefore you took no damage.

this IS what i saw...  or did you miss that when you quoted me?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 09:27:30 PM by TheDudeDVant »

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »
I'm not saying you guys are wrong about how you view the model
BTW it has nothing to do with how we "view" the model, but rather how HiTech and Company have explained it over and over.  The best, most in-depth explanation of it was given at the last AH Con, and someone recorded and posted the audio of HiTech's explanation.

Since they don't have the time to respond to all these threads, members of the community chase the windmills for them.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »
this IS what i saw...  or did you miss that when you quoted me?
My bad.  I went back and re-read what you wrote before that started me down this road . . .

I thought you said (as many have done before) that the computer decided someone was to blame for a collision, and assigned damage based on who was to blame for it.  I got caught up in trying to explain the separate realities of your PC vs his PC.  

I think I started from an erroneous premise.

I have to stop watching football and typing at the same time.   Makes me look silly.  :o