Author Topic: Violence in Iraq has dropped by 70 percent  (Read 4147 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Violence in Iraq has dropped by 70 percent
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Huh? You don't know the US supported Iraq directly in the war?

Instead of falling back to the "show me the proof!" stance, go study the US support yourself. It's not a secret and never was, there was no attempt to really cover it.

Google it.

I'll argue that supported and sponsored are not the same. Sponsorship in this case implies the US encouraged Saddam to attack and provided arms. I believe this isn't the case. The US was attacked by Iran without warning and therefore had no love for Iranians but I don't believe you have any evidence to prove the US motivated Saddam to attack them. I will agree that once the war was underway the US did provide some non-warfare specific materials to Iraq.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2007, 09:16:43 AM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine

If China invaded the US, I'd be out there causing hate & discontent with whatever I could get my hands on; collateral damage to my fellow Joe would suck, but as they say "war is hell"...

but what if china invaded to overthrow that corrupt US govt you keep complaining about, and set up a govt based on the US constitution instead of Big Oil?

and the chinese were favoring ron paul for president?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2007, 09:57:36 AM »
LOL.. an iranian wife?  no chit?  that explains a lot.   he will sure be bitter once she leaves his butt.

xmarine.. you are a tool...  you hear some guy on a video saying he got shot for "no reason" because he was tailgating... course.. there was a 8' square sign in his language that said... "get within 500' and we will shoot"  they were guarding diplomats.

What excuse do you have for car bombs that kill nothing but civilians in a shopping area?  

lazs

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »

All universities in Iraq were free, a dirt poor Iraqi could attend the Harvard of Iraq for nothing... they're, were, a-lot of well educated folks there who used to enjoy a civilized life.

and when their soccer team lost the players were beaten and tortured.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2007, 10:11:40 AM »
"What excuse do you have for car bombs that kill nothing but civilians in a shopping area?"

:aok
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
but what if china invaded to overthrow that corrupt US govt you keep complaining about, and set up a govt based on the US constitution instead of Big Oil?

and the chinese were favoring ron paul for president?

Then Ron Paul was obviously in bed with the Chinese all along, He's most likely a commie, and you guys' all fell in love with him! :lol

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »
Back to the original topic of violence being down.......

I was back at Brooke Army Medical Center this past week. My son had to have another surgery. The number of wounded in the hospital was way down from when I was there last February and March. Earlier in the year every room on the ortho ward was full or near full. This past week many were empty or only had one occupant.

I know this isn't proof of anything, but it was a relief to not see rooms full of chewed up young men.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
Originally posted by DYNAMITE
<> Mark

I for one hope for victory every day... I'm just not ready to hang a "Mission Accomplished" banner up yet and call it good because we've recently seen a drop in violence over the past few months.

With respect-
Dyna

I guess you don't count banners hung on aircraft carriers.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2007, 11:36:40 AM »
Well the roadside bombs these guys use are pretty exact, there are literally 100's of IED videos on terroristmedia.com and unfortunately they rarely miss.. these arent always crude explosives, they use infa-red and fairly sophisticated triggers.

be sure to thank your wifes friends and relatives for that ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2007, 11:41:24 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty

I was back at Brooke Army Medical Center this past week. My son had to have another surgery. The number of wounded in the hospital was way down from when I was there last February and March. Earlier in the year every room on the ortho ward was full or near full. This past week many were empty or only had one occupant.

I know this isn't proof of anything, but it was a relief to not see rooms full of chewed up young men.

that is great news .. odd how it hasn't made the evening news but then any good news from Iraq isn't news as it doesn't follow their agenda of getting their lefty buds elected in 08

Shifty
say howdy to Thomas for my family and I
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2007, 03:50:59 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
that is great news .. odd how it hasn't made the evening news but then any good news from Iraq isn't news as it doesn't follow their agenda of getting their lefty buds elected in 08

Shifty

You saw it on the news then still felt obligated to villify the news over a paranoid suspicion.

I see. :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »

Shifty

I will Eagler, thanks.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2007, 07:33:59 PM »
be sure to thank your wifes friends and relatives for that ...

Wow.... out of the closet on that one..:huh

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2007, 07:43:31 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty

What do you think Shifty, how do you and your son feel about this whole thing. Do you feel like the current political leadership has been doing a good job about your son and what they've asked him to do? You think we oughta keep staying this path for another 5 years, 10 years?

I personally feel like the current political and military leadership's decisions and actions have left your son out in the dark, and it saddens and angers me to see the constant volley'ing around of there mission and their lives.

I've advised a few people who were my friends not to get involved in this untill there is a redirection of and refocus of the military it's resources and it's mission by the people who are supposed to be protecting them. I'm shocked by the some of the stuff i've seen our own country do to the soldiers and their actions. That makes me question.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2007, 07:52:38 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
You saw it on the news then still felt obligated to villify the news over a paranoid suspicion.

I see. :D

ONLY ABC reported ANYthing on this
link
The CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly skipped the positive trend, but CBS had time for a story on the investigation of the September shooting of civilians by Blackwater and NBC aired a piece on Hillary Clinton "playing the gender card." The Washington Post and New York Times on Friday also made very different news judgments on the importance of the positive direction as the Post put the news on its front page while the Times hid it in a story, on an inside page, about Iran's role in Iraq.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/