Author Topic: Disappearing icons  (Read 375 times)

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
Disappearing icons
« on: October 23, 2007, 07:45:44 AM »
Noticed lately that the icons on aircraft disappear when the sights of a field gun are put on or near the aircraft. Didn't notice it till the last revision and a squaddie saw the same thing so I don't think it's network related.
 Thanks,
Swoose

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Disappearing icons
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:38:35 AM »
I saw this yesterday when in AA gun.

The Few GFC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Disappearing icons
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »
Happens to me also.
And in Buffs too...when fully zoomed...the tracers disappear and icon is gone.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
Disappearing icons
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »
i made a post on this very topic awile back,  no real answeres tho.

happens in the M-16 too,  I notice it more often when theres alot of enmy planes overhead Vrs a few planes.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
Disappearing icons
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 09:24:25 PM »
yes i asked skuzzy about it and he said he didnt see any problem but idk

Offline kudzu31

• Zinc Member
invisible planes and icons
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »
I saw this tonight with ghstrdr--no plane or icon until he was within 600 yards of me. I recorded it but the film had an ICON!!!! In the game, and IANHOOD  can verify--he was invisible! I was less than 1 K off IANHOODS tail and I still couldn't see him. 2nd time he came up the coast I ran my recorded and he never had an ICON even while he was shooting me down. I let him so I could get the tape but again...the film has him listed as Spit 9---getting really really old.

Its either a cheat or a very bad bug. I just want an answer please

Kudzu31:furious

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
Disappearing icons
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »
i w a s going to do this but make a video of it happening and show them, i think it is a small problem with the field guns and sometimes with the M-16's.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: invisible planes and icons
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 09:48:20 AM »
Originally posted by kudzu31
I saw this tonight with ghstrdr--no plane or icon until he was within 600 yards of me. I recorded it but the film had an ICON!!!! In the game, and IANHOOD  can verify--he was invisible! I was less than 1 K off IANHOODS tail and I still couldn't see him. 2nd time he came up the coast I ran my recorded and he never had an ICON even while he was shooting me down. I let him so I could get the tape but again...the film has him listed as Spit 9---getting really really old.

Its either a cheat or a very bad bug. I just want an answer please

Kudzu31:furious

Posting it on the message boards isn't going to get you an answer, more than likely it will get you a PNG for posting crap your not suppose too.

You got film, send it to skuzzy and let him look at it. They can get a lot more info out of the films than we mere mortals can. If there is anything going on they will take care of it.