Author Topic: school project  (Read 1369 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
school project
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »
well hopefully the book u get will help u more than the one i have for it...it even came with classroom CD and it explains NOTHING that i wanted to do with this project so....next best thing...

wake verb up and make him help me muahhahahahahahaaaaaaaa!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
school project
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 04:38:05 PM »
Betty, best advice that I can give you about Illustrator is take the time to REALLY... and I mean REALLY... get the hang of the bezier line. You can spot from a mile away someone who has poor bezier habits and someone who really took the time to master it. It's really not that hard, and well worth the effort.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
school project
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »
I graduated with an Associates in Media Arts & Animation. I've been working for a Real Estate Magazine for the last two years (July 05). I mainly work in Quark Express, but I spend a lot of time Ps and Ai. Dinky little logos and Plats/Plots, occasionally color in a B&W Rendering.

While its not what I really wanted to do, It helps build experience to possibly continue a career in print advertising. Most people don't hire anyone without either 2-5 years experience or a Bachelors degree. I talk to people all the time from my graduating class and only a few of my friends are working. Its tough right now to find any jobs like mine where I live So be prepared to jump on any opportunity.

Good luck Betty. :)
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
school project
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 05:26:37 PM »
well ty guys for the advice. i'm not really sure where this web design thing will take me but....it will give me more crudentials for sure :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
school project
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »
The problem is that there was a huge dot-com surge at the end of the millenium, and everyone and their brother became a web designer... did well too, mostly. But when that caved in, unemployed webbies were a dime a dozen. Still are.

Make sure you have *other* skills as well... page layout, illustration... hell, even powerpoint... so that you can be more marketable. And you don't need fancy certificates in them, just some solid experience. You should do okay if you can do that. :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
school project
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 10:39:58 PM »
i just did a power point presentation on robert shaw for class, it turned out good i think, but its fun, i got that all down ez :)

i just gotta learn dreamweaver, lightwave, get better at all the adobe's, who knows maybe after this i'll go for game design...this is fun to me and i like being creative hehe
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
school project
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 10:02:25 AM »
Originally posted by betty
...I just gotta learn dreamweaver...

Although that program saves you loads of time, you could do yourself and your career alot of good by trying to learn some of the HTML and CSS that program combines to make your website. This helps in debugging problems the program might generate which it can't fix by itself.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
school project
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 10:10:53 AM »
Originally posted by Denholm
Although that program saves you loads of time, you could do yourself and your career alot of good by trying to learn some of the HTML and CSS that program combines to make your website. This helps in debugging problems the program might generate which it can't fix by itself.

ty for the advice denholm...i'm still waiting for that part of class where i actually get to learn it...i tried playin with is but...holy cow! there is alot to that program for sure...hehe

i'm having a blast with these classes....i guess that makes me an offical puter dork hehe
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
school project
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
I have Dreamweaver and Frontpage (Both came with the comp)

I use them a little.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
school project
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2007, 07:30:26 PM »
Needs a 38 to look truly good....

:noid

Offline betty

• Gold Member
school project
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 07:46:21 PM »
Originally posted by clerick
Needs a 38 to look truly good....

:noid

sit down clerick...the adults r talking now :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
school project
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »
Originally posted by betty
...the adults r talking now :)

Where??

Offline betty

• Gold Member
school project
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »
lol clerick
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
school project
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2007, 08:55:13 AM »
Betty, a good book for a reference can help on the basics of HTML, this is the book I used (Although not the same version) to get started. I still glance at it every now and then to refresh my memory on basic steps and scripts.
http://www.amazon.com/HTML-visual-blueprint-designing-effective/dp/076458331X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2648402-4498304?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193838856&sr=8-1

EDIT: My website in my signature was coded by me, I used no external programs to generate the code for me. (Except for TSViewer, that was done by http://www.tsviewer.com )
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
school project
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2007, 05:28:55 PM »
Very cool betty
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV