Author Topic: Joystick?  (Read 332 times)

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Joystick?
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:46:41 PM »
I just bought a new computer that runs Vista, so my sidewinder is not compatible so I need a new stick, one that is compatible with Vista, ant recomendations

Offline GovtFlu

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Joystick?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »
If you decide on a Saitek, maybe check out their refurbished store to save a few bucks.

http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/recprod.html

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
Re: Joystick?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 05:32:30 PM »
Originally posted by Nimrod45
I just bought a new computer that runs Vista, so my sidewinder is not compatible so I need a new stick, one that is compatible with Vista, ant recomendations

What kind of issues are you having? My Sidewinder works fine under Vista on two different machines.

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Joystick?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:53:13 PM »
Well I can't find the software disk and Microsoft sid I can't download it or get a replacement that supports Vista, are they wrong.

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
Joystick?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nimrod45
Well I can't find the software disk and Microsoft sid I can't download it or get a replacement that supports Vista, are they wrong.

I guess so. I just plugged mine in, the system recognized it and I've used it ever since. AH instantly recognized it also. I've even forgotten exactly what all the MS software actually did for you it's been so long since I've seen it. Whatever, it isn't necessary in order to just use the stick. I -AM- using a usb version. If yours by any chance is the gameport type and you're having issues then I can't help.

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Joystick?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
your right I plugged mine in and walla.

Now I cant play the game as soon as the arena starts to down load the program stops responding, any tips.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Joystick?
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by Irwink!
I guess so. I just plugged mine in, the system recognized it and I've used it ever since. AH instantly recognized it also. I've even forgotten exactly what all the MS software actually did for you it's been so long since I've seen it. Whatever, it isn't necessary in order to just use the stick. I -AM- using a usb version. If yours by any chance is the gameport type and you're having issues then I can't help.

I have a sidewinder FF that I cannot get the system to recognize. When I look at it from the control panel it says not connected. Any secret to getting the usb port to recognize it?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter