Author Topic: ENY value  (Read 596 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY value
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »
Originally posted by Apers
I've been asking about this ever sice I started playing, and I've never gotten a straight answer;

what the hell is it?
HTC's way of saying "Fly an earlier plane in the planeset or run the risk of having your crutch sit idle in the hangar."
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
ENY value
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »
I don't know of many furballers who complain about what ride they can't get.  To them it's not about the plane, it's about the fight.  It's usually the toolshed nannies.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
ENY value
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
I think, if I remember right, that ENY was installed to slow the ground pounding hordes, not the furballers.

As the land grabbing hordes got bigger, they couldn't be defended against by the lower numbers on the other side. ENY was added so the horde had inferior equipment, giving the out numbered team better equipment to fight the horde with.

Don't blame the furballers for your ENY complaints

on track as always Fugitive if i remember right witch i dont most of the time wasnt ENY first placed on a GV????
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
ENY value
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »
Originally posted by A8TOOL
Well HTC needs to put a note on it to explain to the majority of the furballers that don't get it. An added mesg might even say furballing area open in the DA, all planes free.

We need an arena dedicated to furballing that also keeps score. HTC might have the map and we already know they have the scoring system.

H2H pay to play for 10 bucks while full paying members are allowed access.

Heck, put free on there as a selling point. Free access to full paying members.

Problem mostly solved and money earned

Calm down tiger. if you where not here for the begining of ENY then you have no room to talk about any of it. read Fugitives post then re-read it again till it sets in :D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: ENY value
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 10:29:49 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
I think he was referring to ENY values.

As I understand it the original purpose of the ENY value of a plane was in calculating perk points.
Since then it has been frankenstiened into a method to control 'popular' MA planes when sides get unbalanced.
We used to only have 1 or 2? planes with an ENY value of 5, now we have many more.

ow well then at lest i got it out there before others posted i dont understand how it works LOL :aok
Former LTARkilz

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
ENY value
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 06:03:20 AM »
Baldeagle and Blooz got it right for the question that was asked.  
 Now were headed down the  "why Eny spikes thread"

Originally posted by The Fugitive
I think, if I remember right, that ENY was installed to slow the ground pounding hordes, not the furballers.

Don't blame the furballers for your ENY complaints

The truth is, many players hop on for 1 to 3  hours after school, work or dinner to get a little fly time in before needing to log. Because of limited time the majority are not interested in much more than getting into some quick killing action. Many of them would rather be on the side with the most players for protection and others may or may not switch to avoid eny which the restriction may have been set in place for. Depending on what country you come from there are certain hours that ENY spikes are most prevalent.

Originally posted by kilz
on track as always Fugitive if i remember right witch i dont most of the time wasnt ENY first placed on a GV????
               Above statement ^^^^ makes no sense when applied to the off topic that you, Fugitive and myself veered off on.  

Eny DOES NOT affect Gv's much since the osti and panzer are set high at 25. Are they the ground pounders your talking about? Even if they go, there are 7  other GV's to choose from to take a base unless of course eny goes to 29, then no one from that country can up a thing. (this temporarily happens more than you might think each day)

If eny gets to 20 the only bombers that are effected are Lancs - B- 17 - 24 - 25H- 26's  . Between 14.9 and 19.9 you can fly them all except for the 234's. Are they the ground pounders your talking about?

If your talking about base takers, well we all know furballers don't help much there unless the acks been put dn for them. They are not completely but mostly responsible for the rise in eny and don't usually switch to a lower numbered side unless eny hangs in the 20's for a period of time. They just wait it out until the frustrated leave, it's that simple.

If a horde comes in to take your base it's not going to be the furballers. It's normally going to be a partially organized take with furballers only in tow well after the first initial strike. They go where the numbers are highest for the easiest kills and usually choose the shortest flight path into the action....Agreed?

Furballers are not high alt smart pickers or dedicated base takers.
They are just furballers, in it to get as many kills in the hour or so they have and log off because mom, the wife or kids say so. :)

They need a place IMO to do just that and would pay for it too. Give them a map and their own scoring system and off they go. I know i'd stop by and play every once in a while, how bout you?

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
ENY value
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 06:26:09 AM »
It means, , when the side you are fighting for outnumbers the other side, you must fly junk, errrr older less capable birds, ok, older birds. I woulda never made a politician.:t
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
ENY value
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 07:22:28 AM »
....I think, if I remember right, that ENY was installed to slow the ground pounding hordes, not the furballers.

Sorry I miss-spoke, I meant the land grabbers/hordes is what caused ENY

A furball arena will never happen, its been discussed before, and I think I even read that HT commented on the idea at a convention once.

I would love to see if anyone can quote a thread where a "furballer" type player complains about ENY, its always the land grabber type that cry about it. Its always because they "blame" the furballers for increasing the population and bring the ENY up, after all there are not helping with the "war effort" so they are the ones that should leave to even up the numbers.

ENY is here to stay, as well as the land grab types, furballers, and GVers. Learn to live with it. Adjust your "plans" to run without the "uber" equipment. I don't get any where near the time to "play"that I use to, I stay Rook most of the time, and fly what's avalible, I can fly something a bit more challanging, or I can switch sides. Either way, its all good to me, I have no complaints.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
ENY value
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
Baldeagle and Blooz got it right for the question that was asked.  
 Now were headed down the  "why Eny spikes thread"

The truth is, many players hop on for 1 to 3  hours after school, work or dinner to get a little fly time in before needing to log. Because of limited time the majority are not interested in much more than getting into some quick killing action. Many of them would rather be on the side with the most players for protection and others may or may not switch to avoid eny which the restriction may have been set in place for. Depending on what country you come from there are certain hours that ENY spikes are most prevalent.

Above statement ^^^^ makes no sense when applied to the off topic that you, Fugitive and myself veered off on.  

Eny DOES NOT affect Gv's much since the osti and panzer are set high at 25. Are they the ground pounders your talking about? Even if they go, there are 7  other GV's to choose from to take a base unless of course eny goes to 29, then no one from that country can up a thing. (this temporarily happens more than you might think each day)

If eny gets to 20 the only bombers that are effected are Lancs - B- 17 - 24 - 25H- 26's  . Between 14.9 and 19.9 you can fly them all except for the 234's. Are they the ground pounders your talking about?

If your talking about base takers, well we all know furballers don't help much there unless the acks been put dn for them. They are not completely but mostly responsible for the rise in eny and don't usually switch to a lower numbered side unless eny hangs in the 20's for a period of time. They just wait it out until the frustrated leave, it's that simple.

If a horde comes in to take your base it's not going to be the furballers. It's normally going to be a partially organized take with furballers only in tow well after the first initial strike. They go where the numbers are highest for the easiest kills and usually choose the shortest flight path into the action....Agreed?

Furballers are not high alt smart pickers or dedicated base takers.
They are just furballers, in it to get as many kills in the hour or so they have and log off because mom, the wife or kids say so. :)

They need a place IMO to do just that and would pay for it too. Give them a map and their own scoring system and off they go. I know i'd stop by and play every once in a while, how bout you?

no offence ment here bro but how long you been around. almost a year now right????
Former LTARkilz