Author Topic: Loosing my connection  (Read 153 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Loosing my connection
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:05:04 PM »
Im having a strange problem that started a week or two ago.

I frequently loose my internet connection causing discos in the game and outside the game. At first i thought it was the connection to my house, but the tech guys sais its stable. I then thought it might be the wifi connection to my router, but i tried connecting via cable and the same crap happens. Im guessing its some setting, driver or other windows related thing that makes the connection sorta time out. Im THIS close to resintalling the entire machine, but that takes forever and id like to avoid it.

Does anyone have a clue as to what to look for in terms of settings or whatnot on my lappy?

Oh and the other machines in the house does not have this issue ive been told by the missus so i dont think its the router.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Loosing my connection
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »
Start
Settings
Nework Connections
Right click on your network adapter
Click on Properties
Next to the "Connect Using Box" Click Configure
Click the Power Management tab
Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Click OK
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Loosing my connection
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 02:57:05 PM »
Thx, i tried that a few days ago but the intel ABG wifi card doesnt have that option, and the wired card already had it unchecked.

Good tip tho so thx :)