Author Topic: How does one get a kill every 2.25 minutes?  (Read 8474 times)

Offline redneb

• Zinc Member
Killed by a chute??
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »
Okay, I'm not the greatest AH player in the world, but I just checked my kill stats, and somehow I was killed by a parachute.  How does this work?  Suffocation maybe?? :rolleyes:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
How does one get a kill every 2.25 minutes?
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »
Originally posted by TwentyFo
I miss your old Avatar. Reminded me of the continuation of life and a time when music was good. Is there any way that you could put the Dark Side of the Moon record spinning in your new avatar.:cool:
Sure, give me a couple of days to find it.   :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: Killed by a chute??
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2007, 09:18:19 PM »
Originally posted by redneb
Okay, I'm not the greatest AH player in the world, but I just checked my kill stats, and somehow I was killed by a parachute.  How does this work?  Suffocation maybe?? :rolleyes:

Pproxy kill most likely. The guy was in his chute when you went down, it happens some times for what ever reason.
"strafing"

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2007, 01:25:10 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
for 50 straight hours of game play? Do you believe this yourself shawk?

Steve, the thread was concerning his fighter rank. 80 kills in like 3 hrs or so.
Not the entire 50 hours.

I remember when Ron (Nuke) had something like a 252 kills per hour in GV's. He saw some 1k lancs comin in rolled out an osty whacked all 3 and ended. All in like 30-60 secs.  for his 1st GV run of the new camp. Do the Math.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:28:46 AM by SHawk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2007, 02:04:47 AM »
Originally posted by SHawk
Steve, the thread was concerning his fighter rank. 80 kills in like 3 hrs or so.
Not the entire 50 hours.

That's what I initially thought... I either read or mis-read that he did it for 50  hours.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2007, 06:07:55 AM »
Originally posted by SHawk
Not the entire 50 hours.

I remember when Ron (Nuke) had something like a 252 kills per hour in GV's. He saw some 1k lancs comin in rolled out an osty whacked all 3 and ended. All in like 30-60 secs.  for his 1st GV run of the new camp. Do the Math.

And then he kept right on doing that for 9 more sorties..... right?

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2007, 09:42:25 AM »
For what it's worth, I may have been there at one of the sorties in question.

Early this tour I spotted a swarm of red coming on a friendly base. I went to next base over and upped...ummmm...a pony or a Hog, don't remember. When i got there, found a crowd of cons coming off a very nearby CV. There were several C-Hogs doing a full length dash on the entire runway, then zooming straight up and over the top in a half loop with a roll on the downstroke (Is that a half cuban 8?) so they could do it all over again.

I burned some E, then chose a target and merged to  drop behind a C-Hog. He was oblivious to me, which was fortunate because in typical "me" fashion I mistimed the shot and had to go up over the top myself, in a wider circle since I was faster. My target was still unaware, as his buddies must have been since he made no effort to avoid me as I finally got a good saddle on the straight runway run.

Again, in typical "me" fashion I took my shot and pinged him well, but not well enough to tear a wing off. He began random evasives, increasing our energy differences and making the crossing shots tough enough that I could only get a ping or two. His main goal was evidently not reversing the situation, but drawing me towards his newly upping friendlies and the jsut offshore carrier ack.

As I got close enough that the ack began to target me, i broke off...but my options were limited by the crowd of red dots I'd attracted and by the energy I'd burned off trying (in my inefficient manner) to finish the wounded bird. At THIS point, the C-Hog boldly reversed out of the ack and accurately judged the line that would let him, rather than his rescuers, finish me off. And, as you've guessed, it was AXER.

And the point of this rambling story? Well, I could see him getting a lot of kills in that position. There were newbs galore upping, the attackers were smart enough to work together to give the defenders the feeling that they just might be able to get out. I do have to say that  the pilot I attacked had even worse SA than me (that's saying something), didn't use any reversal techniques at all, came mighty close to simple stick stirring evasives, and tried to hide both in a crowd and in ack. Once I put myself into disadvantage, he skilled enough to get the kill faster than the rest of the horde.

Regardless of style differences, though, I have to say that I could honestly see him racking up some impressive numbers in a short time with that setup, and with some enough good sticks to bail him out of trouble. I don't think second accounts would be needed in the situation I saw.

Be that as it may, who cares?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:45:04 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad