Author Topic: P-51 Vanscrew Get In Here  (Read 2705 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
P-51 Vanscrew Get In Here
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »
This funny.  Most of the people mentioned as "good" 51 pilots are using the gang, pick, and run methods.  There was 1 p51 pilot.  Steve in AH1.  Thats all that counts.  The first.  Many can follow, but some were there years before any of us.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
This funny.  Most of the people mentioned as "good" 51 pilots are using the gang, pick, and run methods.  There was 1 p51 pilot.  Steve in AH1.  Thats all that counts.  The first.  Many can follow, but some were there years before any of us.

Steve in AHI= Steve in AHII (the pony is now a shadow of what it was in AHI)

Gosh Ded, that's very high praise and I'm honored. I'm not sure I'm worthy of such fine remarks.  :)

About that time, I heard many times how Wldthing was THE guy in 51's.  No doubt he was good, but I never got to fight him... maybe that is why he was so good.. he couldn't be pinned down and forced to fight?

I remember once I finally ran into him.. I told him it was me.. he was low, ran to ack and wouldn't come out. This may sound worse than it is, for all I know he was PW or out of ammo.

Edit: I did fight him once but don't really count it, he had one guy helping and so did I and my ally was in a 262. I was able to  keep more E than wldthing and got him but do not consider this a fair 1v1 fight.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:57:08 PM by SteveBailey »

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Re: P-51 Vanscrew Get In Here
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 08:41:19 PM »
Originally posted by redman555
i know for a fact VANSCREW is prolly THE best
P-51D pilot in the game, so anyone got tips?

-BigBOBCH

:rofl :lol :rofl
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: P-51 Vanscrew Get In Here
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 09:18:23 PM »
Ok, i am probably the WORST pilot in the P-51D.... really the only plane im good in is the FM2,F4F, and P-47, i NEED TIPS this plane is good it pwns just not in my hands, and i know for a fact VANSCREW is prolly THE best
P-51D pilot in the game, so anyone got tips?

-BigBOBCH
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 09:58:14 PM »
i know 0ldemon is good, he kicks my butt all the time in it

Im in my 4th year playin, and i nvr been able to learn the P-51
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 10:25:27 PM »

Im in my 4th year playin,

Ya doubt that.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »
Hiya all. Long time no see. Need to learn the pony again myself someday.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 11:31:19 PM »
i know 0ldemon is good, he kicks my butt all the time in it

Im in my 4th year playin, and i nvr been able to learn the P-51

As Tango said... the 51 isn't a very good plane compared to the other LW rides.

Three things it has:  decent top end speed, good high speed handling, excellent views.  That's about it... range doesn't matter all that much on these small maps.

Things it does poorly relative the the other lw rides:   poor acceleration, climb, turn.  Lethality is average, hardness unremarkable, roll is average..... it's actually a pretty poor ride compared to it's contemporaries.

At typical MA alt fights the pony is definitively outclassed by the La7, D9, spixteen, and the ultra uber k4.

In the DA, pilot skills being equal, the pony is outlcassed by most of the fighter plane set.  You'd have to get down into fairly early war stuff before the pony would have any appreciable advantage and even then it would have to fight in the vert to gain a kill opportunity.

You can find plenty of fanbois who will tell you the 51 is a great ride.... they're not being intellectually honest with you or themselves.

Steve

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 11:47:15 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
As Tango said... the 51 isn't a very good plane compared to the other LW rides.

Three things it has:  decent top end speed, good high speed handling, excellent views.  That's about it... range doesn't matter all that much on these small maps.

Things it does poorly relative the the other lw rides:   poor acceleration, climb, turn.  Lethality is average, hardness unremarkable, roll is average..... it's actually a pretty poor ride compared to it's contemporaries.

At typical MA alt fights the pony is definitively outclassed by the La7, D9, spixteen, and the ultra uber k4.

In the DA, pilot skills being equal, the pony is outclassed by most of the fighter plane set.  You'd have to get down into fairly early war stuff before the pony would have any appreciable advantage and even then it would have to fight in the vert to gain a kill opportunity.

You can find plenty of fanbois who will tell you the 51 is a great ride.... they're not being intellectually honest with you or themselves.

Steve

Ain't that the truth! lol  

I'd also add that for a "fighter," it carries a very respectable amount of ords.  Steve, I also wouldn't underestimate the usefulness of its range, even on these small maps.

donkey

Oh, and it has one other main advantage.  It looks just so dang purty!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:49:47 PM by DoNKeY »
2sBlind

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 12:05:16 AM »
If you know the basics that Tango and others described in the other thread then really you just have to go do it.

You'll have to use your best judgement especially when dealing with other players who know how to handle their rides. That doesn't mean run whenever you run into them though. The only way to learn how to beat them is to keep trying. You may die 9 out of 10 times you meet them but as time goes on you'll find you last longer in the battle. You'll find that your getting more and more opportunities to put your guns across the target. You'll find that your slowly learning not only the strengths of your ride but also it's weaknesses and learning how to deal with both accordingly.

You'll learn just how far you can push your ride over time. You won't find that fine line that you can walk in a short period of time. I flew the mustangs for years and still got my butt waxed on a daily basis.

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 04:39:20 AM »
dnt ask vanscrew lol he wont help he'll make u worse so your easy kill for him trust me i wus on vox with him and he wus on other side smoked his P38L engines gave him pilot wound and he promised if i let him go he would teach me how to get good rank LMAO idc about rank anymore and that was when i had an old ID i forget mabe Flyboy55 or WPsniper:aok

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
imop, Cobra412 is the best P51 pilot i ever meet, in this game , ( i don't know if is still flying).He  was flying with imagination,fantasy ,unpredictable tactics,in slow stall fight unlike most of others BZers, and was a nice guy to meet in fight , cuz most of others Steve,SkatSR,GrmRpr,Oldemon are filing the ch.200 with imature vintage whine , even if they shoot me down

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 09:58:32 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
imop, Cobra412 is the best P51 pilot i ever meet, in this game , ( i don't know if is still flying).He  was flying with imagination,fantasy ,unpredictable tactics,in slow stall fight unlike most of others BZers, and was a nice guy to meet in fight , cuz most of others Steve,SkatSR,GrmRpr,Oldemon are filing the ch.200 with imature vintage whine , even if they shoot me down

Well, you know why I don't like you.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 10:12:14 AM »
Talkin watermelon on 200 has nothing to do with skill in the pony. :)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 10:32:21 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Well, you know why I don't like you.

:furious :)