Author Topic: Big maps and fuel burn  (Read 457 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Big maps and fuel burn
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:46:23 AM »
When HTC switched to the small maps they tweaked the fuel burn. Anyone know if the fuel burn rate on the big maps has returned to what it use to be?  Was in a P-51 the other day with half tanks.  Thought the fuel should have lasted longer than it did.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Big maps and fuel burn
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:38:53 AM »
Fuel burn was set to 2.0 for AH II and I don't think that it has ever been "tweaked" since.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Big maps and fuel burn
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 07:39:53 AM »
fuel burn has been 2.0 for years and years now.

HTC didn't change it for any "maps" that I can think of.

(maybe they did 4+ yrs ago, I forget exactly when it was last tweaked.  was it when they did away w/ the pork fuel to 25%?)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Big maps and fuel burn
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:23:44 AM »
Originally posted by badhorse
When HTC switched to the small maps they tweaked the fuel burn.

No, they didn't.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Big maps and fuel burn
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 11:57:18 AM »
on one hand i can see how bigger maps should result in the fuel burn being set to 1.0 insted of 2..

BUT..

2 things:

1: though the maps are much larger, bases are still relatively close together.. its not like you really have to fly much farther to get into it..  or even hit strat...

the HQs are much farther away but bombers carry way plenty even with 2.0 burn rate..

and #2.... do we really want the LA7 tards to have double the range they do now..

NEG!:p

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
Big maps and fuel burn
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:00:34 PM »
Make is so you can pork fuel back down to 25% now that we have the large map.  There are plenty of other bases you can up from.  It's not like there are only 2 bases on each front like some of the smaller maps.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Big maps and fuel burn
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
Make is so you can pork fuel back down to 25% now that we have the large map.  There are plenty of other bases you can up from.  It's not like there are only 2 bases on each front like some of the smaller maps.

Strats are way too easy to resupply so it would make little to no difference. Then if they set it so you couldn't resupply the strats well with multi arenas everyone would just go to the other arena.

I know I sure wouldn't stick around if I could only take off with 50% fuel and no drop tanks. I'd just go to the other arena if I couldn't resupply them.
"strafing"