Author Topic: Flaming P47  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 01:03:39 PM »
Stupid question: can't it be HTC experimenting drone A.I. in Main? After all, the description fits what happens when you shoot offline drones and you don't make them explode... add some A.I. routine and you may have an explanation for what happened...
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Flaming P47
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 04:26:29 PM »
Originally posted by Majors

There was no way to get the pilots handle.

Ask the guy he killed

Hit Alt-R

Auger within 2K of him

Let him kill you
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 04:34:31 PM »
A squaddie had a film recently of a spit doing the same thing.  It flew home wing and tailless.  Some said it was the CT AI testing.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 04:46:09 PM »
I hit record just because someone runs.. I like to know who to put in the hall of shame:D

if you see something weird do the same and send it to HTC.... otherwise you are just a rabble rouser.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Flaming P47
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »
Originally posted by wooly15
A squaddie had a film recently of a spit doing the same thing.  It flew home wing and tailless.  Some said it was the CT AI testing.

Did the spit driver have a name on film?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 06:34:37 PM »
I fly a couple-hundred jug sorties each camp, (usually N) and it NEVER burns more than 20 seconds before exploding, not even enough time to ditch in water if ya were alREADY on the deck:furious  On other hand, jap planes flame on for a good minute or so--odd, considering the materials most of them were made of
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 07:07:30 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Did the spit driver have a name on film?

I do recall him having a name, I'll see if I can dig it up and see if they match.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Flaming P47
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »
Originally posted by Max
I've seen Niks and Zekes burn forever before nosing in. Jugs are a lot more durable. As long as the pilot has ammo and engine power, he's airborne and capable of inflicting damage. Doesn't sound suspicious to me.

well, don;t forget...he DID say that both wings ended up being removed, along with the tail, and it continued to fly....i know the jugs were very durable(unles i'm flying it:rofl )but i think that even a jug nees wings and a tail to fly....

now......the zekes seem to me to last about 1 to 2 minutes....when i keep fighting in them after i'm ignited......about the same in my p38g the other night when the right engine was lit up.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »
Always hit your record button when you see stuff like this.  We had a spitfire lose its wings and tail, yet continue to fly normally and fight us.  It was filmed, sent in...and no one by that handle flies anymore :D

*edit* oh, you can see their name if you record it; as well as see inside their cockpit and check to see if it's just your client seeing the wings gone or the plane on fire...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 11:09:09 PM by Warspawn »
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 11:50:15 PM »
LAG

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Flaming P47
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 11:54:55 PM »
Originally posted by Majors
Hi Mates

Was anyone up Wednesday in the main arena and have an opportunity to watch the "Flaming P47".

I was in a field gun and knocked some pieces off the 47 during it's first run over the base.  Two or three friendlies were chasing it.  As I watched, one shot the 47's wing off.  It continued flying straight and came around for another run over the base.  By this time, someone had shot off the other wing, as it came over we blasted it again and the tail was shot off and it caught fire.  It became a flaming streamer.

Even so, it turned around again, and shot down a couple of our guys (one guy twice) and came streaming over the field again.  Everything and everybody was shooting at it.  By this time, it was a total flaming streamer.

I flew over and headed over the city with about six guys chasing it.  Last I saw, it was heading toward home.  There was no way to get the pilots handle.

Believe this used to be called "Gaming the Game".  Very interesting.

Thought you all might be interested.

Cheeries

Majors
249RAF
Oldest Yank in the RAF
Probably the oldest player in AH2
I have film of a Ki84 flying around with no wings.   This happened two tours ago and I never submitted it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Flaming P47
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Not always, and especially not with very durable birds like the 47 - they may survive a hit sometimes
Only birds that have ever lasted more than one hit are the TBM, Il2 and buffs (gv's not included).   Anything else, one ping down from the cartoon sky.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 03:19:10 AM »
Originally posted by Warspawn
... and check to see if it's just your client seeing the wings gone or the plane on fire...

I'm afraid this can't be done, except by HTC. In the movie, you'll see what you saw in game, on your front end, not what happened on someone else's.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 07:42:06 AM »
This has been around for at least a year or so...at least I remember seeing the same thing (and having about the same sense of outrage) way back when. Makes me wonder if there is a bug that occasionally fails to update the targeted client of damage -- that would explain why the server tells everyone else about the flaming hulk status, but the pilot's front end isnt aware.

Having been around when real...ummmm....digitally managed sportsmanship failure? (can't use the C or the H word, ya know)....was occurring, I seriously doubt this is deliberate. Something about the perpetrators' psychology makes it very hard for them to use their lame advantage selectively, and before long their names become known. If this was deliberate, chances are that many people would see the same name over and over...and we'd all be sending films in.

As always, best solution is to send the film in. If it's a bug, then more data means more likelihood of finding the problem. If its a dastardly delinquent, then the hard film data will result in the player's sudden and permanent disappearance from the game.

And when you get upset about possible haxxors, remember that while this is an entertaining game for us, it's where HiTech makes his living. If you think they don't care about problems, you're fooling yourself.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Flaming P47
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 09:07:07 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
I'm afraid this can't be done, except by HTC. In the movie, you'll see what you saw in game, on your front end, not what happened on someone else's.
The film I have is not an "HTC drone".    In fact, the plane is flying around for almost 2 minutes.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC