Author Topic: Just an idea  (Read 974 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Just an idea
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »
Il luv pwning paparazzi squirrels.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Just an idea
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
I love taking up a Spit1 in LW and killing uber-rides.

:rofl HT must have a database problem because the last 3 months you have 4 deaths and 0 killz in a Spit I.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
Just an idea
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:rofl HT must have a database problem because the last 3 months you have 4 deaths and 0 killz in a Spit I.

Nice dedalos.  You have to love the talkers that say I fly the Hurri 1 or spit 1 and kill people all the time.  Then when you check their stats have mysteriously morphed into Spit 16's or La7's.  :lol    Great Find.  You have beened pawned SpikesX.

Spazz

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Just an idea
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »
I would like to see more numbers in the EW.

I really enjoy flying the F4F there.  Especially when defending against A6M2's upping from a carrier.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
Just an idea
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
There really is no UBER plane in the MW plane set.

There are some that are better than others, but the margin of uberness is not that great so there is no real plane that dominates in the MW.

As WWM pointed out ... I like the numbers that we have in the MW. We seem to be getting 40-60 people on average and there is no lack of action and/or fights with those numbers. I think anything over 150 would just turn it into an LW-type cesspool ... no thanks.

Slapshot.

I am talking about 1 day out of every 4 weeks.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Just an idea
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 10:18:34 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Yes, because so many folks suck without uber rides. :D

Yes Freedom and choice SUCK!!!

The reason that those arenas are "underpopulated" is the same reason an empty business stays empty.

An old trick in the car business is to have the entire sales staff out walking the lot on a Saturday morning... customers will show up just to see whats happening. Down the street a dealership in which all the staff stays warm in the showroom  suffers from a lack of customers.

I log into AH and see 15 people in EW/MW arenas and think... "BORING" and log in to the LW arena with the most people.

Come to think of it, doesn't one of the competetors of AH suffer from low #s? Maybe thats why they keep coming over here in droves?
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Just an idea
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 11:28:28 AM »
Originally posted by 2fly
Slapshot.

I am talking about 1 day out of every 4 weeks.

Sorry ... no thank you ... The "Titanic" notion was implemented for the LW players who wanted to fight on a map with lots and lots of people. There is no need for that in the MW ... to either boost it's numbers or it's popularity.

People are slowly filtering into the MW and finding it a good place to play and staying. The numbers are moving up slowly, and thats a good thing.

The mindset in MW, for now, is much different than the LW mindset and I think that is due to the slow growth ... those who come to the MW, see the MW "mindset" and accept it.

The MW mindset, for the most part, is fly and fight ... and leave the whining at the door.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Just an idea
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 11:33:39 AM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
There's a reason those arenas are never full

Is that why there have been over 50 people in the AvA in the last three weeks?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Just an idea
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 11:38:46 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
Is that why there have been over 50 people in the AvA in the last three weeks?

Yeah, they are all there for the fight too.  I hear the buildings stand no chance there now.  (Oh wait, may be those are Early War Buildings)  I want to see how you guys would perform against the uber Late War Buildings :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Just an idea
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »
There's a reason those arenas are never full

The biggest reason for why the LW arena is the most used is habit.  Habit reinforces strong numbers in the arena, and strong numbers reinforces habit.  "Why play somewhere else?"

I am still in favor of a RPS to counter habit: it's the only way to have the player base use the whole planeset.   Most of you would whine like crazy if it happened, which would be  bad for business, and so it probably never will.;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Just an idea
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 01:49:27 PM »
DOH!!!
Somebody already wanting to screw with TT.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Just an idea
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 02:34:47 PM »
The fastest way I know to cause a squad to disband is to take them into an arena where there is no action. People don't play to be sightseers only.

Frankly, let them have their uber rides, as they have been called. For every uber ride there is a cheap plane that will take them down and better yet, there are wingman who can do it too. Like someone said, You can't out fly teamwork.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Just an idea
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »
Originally posted by Getback
Like someone said, You can't out fly teamwork.

That, sir, is pure, unadulterated horse puckey. That is not to say that there aren't plenty of weak sisters that CAN'T play the game without teamwork. In the MA, teamwork is a crutch. I will 'buy' it when it comes to scenerios. But, that is it. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."