Author Topic: Rolling scissors in jug  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Thing

• Zinc Member
Scissors Defense
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
Murdr I read your article on scissors defense and you suggest to slow down and do a slow follow.  I usually fly a jug and I find if I get too slow I'm usually dead meat.

What do you suggest when flying a jug as a good scissor defense.  A slow follow?

Thanks

Thing  
"IrishOne I'm gonna kick your fvking ass"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Rolling scissors in jug
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 04:55:16 PM »
As a general rule the best scissors defense is simply denial. It is not possible for a defender to force a scissors under any circumstance IMO. A scissor is a neg E defense designed to force an overshoot from an enemy intent on a guns attack/solution. Lets remove any intent to shoot....

If your faster and somewhere in the cons rear hemisphere and he break turns your initial though should be to maintain both an energy advantage and an angular advantage...so invariably your 1st move is "up"...this can take the form of a hi yoyo a true climb or a form of lag roll with a vertical component. The attempt to initiate a rolling scissor invariably is based on crossed lift vectors. The con usually in a nose low turn intnet on drawing a shot...the bogie to achieve a shot has to actually orient his lift vector even lower...creating the ability for the defender to "roll" his lift vector around the attacker with enough E to secure a shot window.

The real issue is to utilize vertical displacement to conserve E, maximize angular retention and maintain the initiative. A properly executed energy attack profile is a natural scissor defense. The scissor is a defensive move based on poor E and AoA management by the aggressor.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson