Author Topic: Elementary education for squeakers  (Read 7370 times)

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
Elementary education for squeakers
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
Originally posted by raider73

my grades are all C's except in Team Sports because I'm very athletic. I love science and math because i love working with numbers and learning about are world and other worlds as well as the organism's in them. English seems boring to me because i dislike reading what she chooses. I'm into war books and action and she makes us read Poems books and Greek mythology

What happened to the 3.5 gpa?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2007, 10:58:41 AM »
Originally posted by Neubob
What happened to the 3.5 gpa?

ohh no was someone a fibbin.
See Rule #4

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2007, 11:46:57 AM »
Nope these are grades for 2nd quarter had GPA 3.5 last quarter and it went down . Hey i'm a freshman and getting used to highschool

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2007, 11:53:31 AM »
Nope these are grades for 2nd quarter had GPA 3.5 last quarter and it went down . Hey i'm a freshman and getting used to highschool

Uhm... Shouldn't it be the OTHER way around if your getting used to high school?  :confused:
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »
Back when I was in high school I just barely passed my foreign language class. We had to take it and there was only three choices

Spanish
French
German

I should of took german, but I took spanish instead.

Spanish sucks.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline shamroc

• Copper Member
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2007, 01:35:17 PM »
yes i'm 14 and i have horrible spelling and puncation.:O I'm in highschool and get c- in english. Grammar just doesnt seem like the funnest thing to learn, I'm all for science and math

Anyone who really wants to learn grammar should pick up this old classic:

English Grammar and Composition
by John E Warriner & Sheila Y Laws

You can get it 2nd hand on Amazon for peanuts - nice short & easy book that has stood the test of time.

Shamroc

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Squeekers High
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2007, 06:04:20 PM »
All squeekers, all the time!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
Sentence structure is not that hard to get a handle on. Here's an exercise you can use to help you get a start on understanding the concept. Once you have a handle on the basics you can then move on to the more advanced stuff.
First write out what you want to say, then read it out loud like you are saying it to someone.  
Take note of where you pause, that's a comma. Where do you stop before you begin another part? That's a full stop. Depending on the placement, a breath can be a comma or a full stop. You will quickly figure out how to differentiate here for effect.
Wherever you want to bring up a related but seperate entity, that's a new paragrah. Add capitals as needed and you're set.
Like I said this is just BASIC structuring guidelines, but it's a start and people will find it much easier to follow what you are saying, instant literary credibility, and they will begin to take notice.:aok
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2007, 07:59:48 PM »
Thank You! I'll try that

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2007, 12:53:22 AM »
yes TxMom i do act stupid on purpose. I do it because it makes people laugh not at me. i'm a class clown and i just am lazy

I never thought you behaved in a stupid manner.  Just sound like a regular ole kid having fun.  :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2007, 04:38:45 AM »
Yes i try :) And jus been informed by teacher i have 52.7 average in English. Its not because I'm not doing good, its because i do not do the Homework. I just plain hate Homework but now I'm starting to do it.:aok   TxMom

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2007, 10:34:45 AM »
Man, this thread took off fast!
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2007, 12:23:15 PM »
Get used to doing things you do not like such as homework and English. I am in college and it is quite obvious to me that I will being doing things that I do not like to do for a long time. I have two classes a day but about four to five hours of work.for them each night.

English is extremely important if you want to go anywhere in life. There is a reason that there is now an essay section on the SATs now. Here in college I am an Aquaculture and Fisheries major, basically I'm going to be working with fish my whole life, and I still need to be able to write and communicate. There are lots of Lab reports to write, and I even have a book report due for my math class. I have been complimented by two of my professors on my writing ability this year and I think that my ability to write comes from hard work in high school. I sure as heck was not born with it, I was born with a learning disability that made writing, as well as other things, more difficult for me than for most other students.

You will learn how unimportant sports and girls really are in the long run. I played three sports at the varsity level in high school, now I play none. Nor have I spoken to any girl from high school since graduation.

The bottom line is that what you do in high school can be crucial to how your life goes after graduation. Work hard and get the best grades you can and you will have the oppurtunity to do whatever you want for the rest of your life. If you choose to slack off then get used to saying "would you like to try a value meal today?".
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:27:16 PM by C(Sea)Bass »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2007, 06:19:11 PM »
Seabass I thought you got banned after spamming all the forums when you was bored
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2007, 06:34:17 PM »
Well I want to be an astronomer, but i don't think i can become one. I'm good with science and math but to get into college you need to pass English for four years but i think if I try i can bump it up.