Author Topic: New Chap - a couple of queries  (Read 437 times)

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
New Chap - a couple of queries
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:23:34 AM »
I have only been on AH for 2 days, so apologies, but absorbing everything is quite challenging, especially when you are the wrong side of 50 and the brain cells are eroding and the eyes are going

1) Do I need the radio open on the screen for voice to work?

2) How do I clear the radio off the screen?

3) Whats the best way to find out if people can hear you - ask for a radio check?

oh, and a joystick question

I have an old Saitek X36 which I last used 4 years or so ago (on Fighter Ace/IL2). The throttle is OK, but the stick has definitely seen better days - can I leave the X36 plugged in to use the the throttle, then buy say a Saitek Evo for the stick and plug that in as well - will AH be able to see both and will they work in tandem?

Thanks

Having great fun so far, been downed loads, can't hit anything, situation normal
Game ID: Blimey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: New Chap - a couple of queries
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:44:28 AM »
Originally posted by Wobbly
I have only been on AH for 2 days, so apologies, but absorbing everything is quite challenging, especially when you are the wrong side of 50 and the brain cells are eroding and the eyes are going

1) Do I need the radio open on the screen for voice to work?

2) How do I clear the radio off the screen?

3) Whats the best way to find out if people can hear you - ask for a radio check?

oh, and a joystick question

I have an old Saitek X36 which I last used 4 years or so ago (on Fighter Ace/IL2). The throttle is OK, but the stick has definitely seen better days - can I leave the X36 plugged in to use the the throttle, then buy say a Saitek Evo for the stick and plug that in as well - will AH be able to see both and will they work in tandem?

Thanks

Having great fun so far, been downed loads, can't hit anything, situation normal

1) To use Voice Range Transmition hold down F12 and talk when done talking release F12.

2) by releasing F12 you clear the radio.

3) push F12 and ask for a radio check most people will say 5x5

i personaly have not tried using the throttle off a diffrent joystick and use another stick at the same time. whats wrong with the throttle on the Evo????
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 06:12:07 AM »
1 - No. The 'radio' interface you see is used to type chat text, select radio's (there are 5, 4 text and 1 for voice), change channels.

2- To clear the interface click in the chat text area and tap Enter key.

3- Yes. You can also set the voice radio to yourself by typing .radio 5 That way you can hear yourself and make changes.

http://www.flyaceshigh.com/ahhelp/radio.html
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:15:46 AM »
Great, many thanks
Game ID: Blimey

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: New Chap - a couple of queries
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 08:22:02 AM »
Originally posted by Wobbly
hich I last used 4 years or so ago (on Fighter Ace/IL2). The throttle is OK, but the stick has definitely seen better days - can I leave the X36 plugged in to use the the throttle, then buy say a Saitek Evo for the stick and plug that in as well - will AH be able to see both and will they work in tandem?

You can use any combination of input devices and assign functions to them as you like.

I am using the throttle of a X45 in combination with a Cyborg USB Gold myself.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »
Hi Wobbly,

I came from Fighter Ace, 3 years ago.

Check out our squad website at http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk

I can help you with tweaking any setup issues you may have and many useful tips to help you along.

We are on Bishops at the moment if you want to check us out.

Feel free to PM me through these boards or send me and email via the website.

All the best

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H