Author Topic: Bad days  (Read 603 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Bad days
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 07:46:22 AM »
I do like flying goons. Dont ask me why but they are fun to fly. At least the good days are starting to happen a lot more then bad days. You start this game and have nothing but bad days. Then you have a good day. Then you start having as many good days as bad days. And then you start having more good days then bad days.

Looking at my stats Im doing a little better each month. So I guess I can live with the occasional bad day and just head back to the TA to get my confidence back.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Bad days
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
My answer to that is usually manned gun...

I can't usually hit shinola from them, but for some reason, I find them really fun. And on that every once in a while occasion when something does go boom, it just makes my day.

They do however seem to work MUCH better against ground targets than air for me - the other day I got 5 kills defending an otherwise undefended VF.   Often times though even when a fighter is coming "straight in" at me intending to strafe I can't take him out.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Bad days
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »
i go find a cv and get in a five inch ack gun get some kills gain a little confidence back.
 if ive been on for more than four hours and my blood sugars gettign low ill got eat some food sit on the couch and watch some lame movies on starz.
ocasionaly a good one.
but usualy if the day starts off bad it dotn get better, almost like playing poker i find myself getting red in the face and going on TILT. when that hapens i dont play for a day or two.
im just happy that since august ive really improved my k/d k/s
its good to see results,

ah is a better hobby than what i was doing so im pretty happy with it.
instead of spending money on new guitars i can just buy a computer and use it for everything lol
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Bad days
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 11:54:59 AM »
Rich,  since you like bombing so much but don't like fighters (I suspect because there's a steep learning curve) I might suggest you try taking some of the attack planes out for a spin and learn to dive bomb.

There's plenty of targets where you don't have to worry about fighter interference and if you like dodging bullets VB's make good targets.

Just a thought.  Somewhere between bombers and fighters.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Bad days
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
I up a spit9.  Put the training wheels back on for an hour or two, then it is all better.

Thats exactly what i do, dweeb it up in some sort of fashion. Or up a Typhoon and pork every field i can get too.