Author Topic: Film Shots  (Read 359 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Film Shots
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:58:46 PM »
I'm having a tough time getting this Film Shot thing to work properly. I set this starting shot up the way I want it, and the ending shot the way I want it. I Play it as a AVI file but all I ever get is a film section of the sky. What steps should I take to setting up the film shot right. How do I get it to AVI format like the old Film Viewer did with other shots I did.

And whats the difference between the World Relative, Plane Relative, Chase Plane, and World Pointing shot types for Film Shots? What do each do?

I have read the Film Shot instructions posted in the "News, Announcments, and Information" forum by Pyro and still don't understand it.

Offline Dutchie

• Copper Member
Film Shots
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »
Me neither Latrobe, a good film viewer/editor tutorial would help.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Film Shots
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »
To my knowledge all the regular movie makers use an external screen capturing program like fraps to convert .ahf to .avi.  That might solve your issue right there if you playback your staged camera shots, and capture it with another program.

As far as Pyro's explination, I scratched my head on it myself, and decided to put off playing with the feature until I really have a need for it :)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Film Shots
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »
Well then, since this "Film Shot" feature is so confusing to everyone then when I figure it out I'm gonna make a Filmed Tutorial on how to use it. I highly doubt I'll ever get the hang of it though :) .

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Film Shots
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »
Fraps.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com