Author Topic: Operation pliers - leaked CIA memo  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Operation pliers - leaked CIA memo
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Wait and see, I think that was the plan all along. This leaked memo is horse****.

Yup, I think so too, but again ... it wasn't the "memo" I was addressing, but the opinions presented by some people here.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Viking
You mean a free democracy with a president elected by the people like Venezuela?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by AKIron
I mean a president that is about to declare himself president of Venezuela for life. The same one who seems to eager to establish a communist state against the will of his people. That one.

[head skratch]Seems to me something like this may have happened before, a freely elected government going dictatorship, and maybe Viking would have been in favor of foriegn intervention in a freely elected government...  but maybe not... 1933 seems to ring a bell

I guess its just what decade, who's in power and who's making the determination, who's drawing lines that makes all the difference...[/head skratch]
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2007, 02:41:10 PM »
Actually I wouldn't. The Germans were a free people and wanted Hitler as their leader. If it had only stopped there I would have no problem with it, but as they say: Hindsight is always 20/20.

I wouldn't have minded if you were a bit quicker to help a few years later though.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2007, 02:42:47 PM »
Actually I wouldn't. The Germans were a free people and wanted Hitler as their leader. If it had only stopped there I would have no problem with it, but as they say: Hindsight is always 20/20.

I wouldn't have minded if you were a bit quicker to help a few years later though.

Too quick now and not quick enough then.  Just can't please some people.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2007, 02:45:56 PM »
I'm not blaming you. I just wouldn't have minded some help a bit quicker. If Venezuela starts invading its neighbors and exterminating ethnic groups you have my blessing to stop them if you so wish.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2007, 02:47:58 PM »
Thanks.  I just forwarded your conditional approval to 1600 Penn Ave.

Offline GovtFlu

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2007, 02:54:23 PM »
It wasn't leaked:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7475

I'm not sure, but it's probably printed in Spanish because that's their language... nutty huh? the paper prints in their native tongue..lol, but hey... that's why they need the USA to overthrow their democratically elected .gov, their leaders are obviously too lame to supply Spanish speakers newspapers printed in English... the CIA will fix that nonsense!! Bushco will have them colonized, speaking English and buying Chinese lead toys from El Walmart in no time.

Every day the American people wake up demanding our leaders overthrow poorer weaker countries that pose zero threat to our soil, or didn't attack US... we're neo-gangsta now, we take what we want, when we want it, because we can. Why buy oil like everyone else when you can install a puppet despot who will sell it cheaper? its the American way.

And to think, it's only costing US tax payers $8 million a month!!, I now see the total genius of Bush saving $$ by denying 4 million children health-care, our tax dollars are better spent overthrowing democratic govts that pose no threat...  can I get a Team America F yeah!? and a Hallelujah   !!

With proven experts at creating chaos like Rummy and Bremer, the land of the free will prevail against these freedom haters (applause), their childrens will learn English!!! (applause), and as as our illustrious vice president Dick recently said about El Mas Chingon Chavez, "..the people of Peru deserve better leadership"..

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2007, 02:59:30 PM »
Originally posted by Brownshirt
It's not a secret USA has been using very same tactics for decades.

1953 Iran, Coup d'État, removing Mossadegh and installing a totalitarian system. Results are still visible... nice work ******s.
1954 Guatemala, Coup d'État, removing Guzmán and installing a military junta. Results are thousands of dead civilians.
1973 Chile, Coup d'État, removing and killing Allende and creating a military junta. Results are thousands of dead civilians.

Good work America; Stand Proud!

Why are you still wondering why no'one likes you?

Golly, how will I ever sleep at night....btw nice handle troll.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »
Originally posted by GovtFlu
With proven experts at creating chaos like Rummy and Bremer, the land of the free will prevail against these freedom haters (applause), their childrens will learn English!!! (applause), and as as our illustrious vice president Dick recently said about El Mas Chingon Chavez, "..the people of Peru deserve better leadership"..

So are you taking issue with the CIA meddling in Venezuela's affairs, or that they are just not doing it efficiently?

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »
So Holden, what's your opinion. Should the US intervene in Venezuela? Should the US have intervened in 1933 Germany?

Offline Brownshirt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
Golly, how will I ever sleep at night....btw nice handle troll.

Was I wrong with those incidents? Or is there some other reason to call me a troll?

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2007, 03:50:01 PM »
Actually I wouldn't. The Germans were a free people and wanted Hitler as their leader.  

And many Norwegians were happy to goose step along as Hitlers little *****.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2007, 03:52:54 PM »
i seems we have some Chavez supporters here, but i can't tell if they are really communists or if they just hate the USA.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »
So Holden, what's your opinion. Should the US intervene in Venezuela? Should the US have intervened in 1933 Germany?

If someone (doesn't have to be USA) had intervened in 1933, it could have built Europe to today's prominence 30 years earlier, of course it may have meant the end of the world too.  Perhaps the world was meant to pass through the gauntlet of WW2.

As for helping friendlies in other lands, (read supporting those in Venezuela who oppose Chavez) I would think that a certain level is acceptable and proper.  

Armed attack or assassination is obviously wrong, but helping candidates and parties in other lands is a reasonable arm of foreign policy.  It certainly happens in our counrty when foreign players contribute to or endorse certain candidates.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
i seems we have some Chavez supporters here, but i can't tell if they are really communists or if they just hate the USA.

both

not sure if it's hate or envy - same in the end
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder