Author Topic: Rv-8  (Read 832 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Rv-8
« on: December 01, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »
Hi, I have a question about the Rv8 in the skin viewer (I know this is a bit of a noobish topic)

I've noticed that when i select the pylons for the RV-8 in the skin viewer, two miniguns appear.  I've searched this on the forum (hard because Rv-8 is too short a seach term), and I know that there was some special event to do with this.

Is there any way for me to use these miniguns in the offline arena, and if so how?  Also, is there likely to be another of these events where you can use them online?

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Rv-8
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 05:18:09 PM »
I'm almost certain that you cannot use the guns.

It was enabled at the last convention for a short time.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline charlton1

• Zinc Member
Rv-8
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:21 PM »
The RV-8 is a thing that gives many questions.It is offline fun and has nothing to do with combat.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Rv-8
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:39:36 PM »
wish the guns would work in offline mode.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Rv-8
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 07:12:52 AM »
They used the guns at the AH con I believe.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Rv-8
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
They used the guns at the AH con I believe.

Yup they did. made a lot of people cry too :)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Rv-8
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Rv-8
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 05:21:37 PM »
Some potential RV-8 Skins.

"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Rv-8
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 06:02:52 PM »
hitech best not let the FAA get wind of his modifications to his rv8. the sheer hazard of using the fuel tanks as a cooling system for the miniguns is sure to raise more than a few red flags if they ever got wind of it.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Rv-8
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 03:48:13 AM »
Don't know how it was done but I did see a gang of RV-8s in one of the online arenas last tour or maybe the one before that. They came in together at low alt, distracted a lot of ppl on our side from the actual fighting and were generally just extremely annoying and totally out of place.

So I hope HTC got around to plugging whatever exploit that brought us the RV-8 into one of the MAs.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Rv-8
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 06:20:42 AM »

Most likely it was a new map where an admin did not come in and disable it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Hurricane

• Zinc Member
Rv-8
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 09:38:23 AM »
Originally posted by 33Vortex
Don't know how it was done but I did see a gang of RV-8s in one of the online arenas last tour or maybe the one before that. They came in together at low alt, distracted a lot of ppl on our side from the actual fighting and were generally just extremely annoying and totally out of place.

So I hope HTC got around to plugging whatever exploit that brought us the RV-8 into one of the MAs.

I think i saw that, over a coastal bish airbase yeah?

Id only been playing a couple of weeks at the time, and suddenly found my hurri surrounded by a dozen of em.  Didnt know they weren't armed and augured several times! :o  It didnt help that by the time id worked out what they were and started tearing them up, they'd been joined by a bunch of proper fighters.  As they were all flying in a very tightly packed group close to the deck I couldnt tell what was dangerous and what wasnt untill I got far to close!

Then again im a newb and for newbs everything is dangerous!

Reynolds, Hellcat FG

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Rv-8
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 08:49:18 PM »
Originally posted by 33Vortex

HAHA I was online that night... My troops actually took that base!

It was a mission someone posted that we referred to as "Iron Butterfly".  From a distance it looked like a whole lot of butterflies flopping low over the enemy base!

My squad was coincidentally en route to take that same base when they decided to "attack".  It was good fun!!!  Heck of a diversion!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Rv-8
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »
If you see RV-8s upping, note the map, the arena, and the field, and report it to HTC and they'll disable the plane at that field. It's just that some fields slip through the cracks, at times.