Author Topic: Karaya (and other Floyd fans...)  (Read 1185 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Karaya (and other Floyd fans...)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »
Originally posted by texasmom
I don't blink twice about dismissing those who have a lifestyle that I can't encourage my own children to follow.  'Good' music isn't my own personal priority at any time.  Snotty? Sure, it's probably snotty.  Worth it?  I guess that's all a matter of opinion.

Very comendable and an example for all parents who would be unselfish.

When they are grown and start playing other tunes, then perhaps we'll see you on the dark side of the moon.  ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Karaya (and other Floyd fans...)
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »
Originally posted by texasmom
I don't blink twice about dismissing those who have a lifestyle that I can't encourage my own children to follow.  'Good' music isn't my own personal priority at any time.  Snotty? Sure, it's probably snotty.  Worth it?  I guess that's all a matter of opinion.
You should google:  David Gilmour and Crisis.    Only a fool wouldn't encourage their kids to live the life he has.    He doesn't plan on "leaving his kids a handsome sum of money for his kids to sit around and spend wastefully."    He stands as the VP of a London based homeless charity called "Crisis".    He's never been afraid to rip on the Stones and McCartney for their greed.  

Just because he toked a joint in his 20's?   Come on texasmom.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC