Author Topic: So many squads listed.....  (Read 481 times)

Offline kozhedub

• Zinc Member
So many squads listed.....
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
Almost overwhelming for a new player. Coming from other flight sims though I know good wingmen make all the difference so here goes a try, maybe I'll get lucky.

- US/EST time evenings is when I play most often

- Interested in a squad focused on flying together and team work. Take off together, land together , and do some killing in between. This is probably more important than timezone of plane choice to me.

- My ww2 aircraft of interest are the aircraft of the VVS - Lavochkins, Yakovlevs, Ilyushins, etc, and I plan to fly these at almost all times.

-Attitude is not so important to me , old and boring or young and loud, so long as I'm part of a flight of aggresive fighters.

Not sure if people read this forum often but I've nothing to lose.

!S

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 01:06:41 PM »
check us out 353 fighter group {link in sig} we are a pony /47 squad though but we fly whatever assigned in FSO but sounds like you would fit right in other than those ruskie planes
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »
Check out JG5, its a brand new squad and I need a few good players. I will be on today from 6:00 est to 10:00est playing either in bish or nits. If you see me PM me and ill get you in the squad.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »
These are the guys you want to check out...VVS guys

Great bunch of guys who have same interests and are good sticks to boot.:aok

Dantoo is the CO....

As a side note I'm a bit perplexed at the "me,me,me" when a guy asks a specific question. Regardless of wether your a guy looking for a squad or a CO/Squad member looking for new blood finding a good fit is what counts.

Doing the 'ohh ohh pick me" isnt really a productive way to build anything of value. If you conduct yourself with skill and decorum then overtime folks will seek you out...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:14:39 PM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
what sims did you play kozhedub?

"Interested in a squad focused on flying together and team work. Take off together, land together , and do some killing in between. This is probably more important than timezone of plane choice to me."

That is my squad right there.  We don't have hard-ons for Soviet planes though.

We do fly anything that takes our fancy.

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Re: So many squads listed.....
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »
Originally posted by kozhedub
Almost overwhelming for a new player. Coming from other flight sims though I know good wingmen make all the difference so here goes a try, maybe I'll get lucky.

- US/EST time evenings is when I play most often

- Interested in a squad focused on flying together and team work. Take off together, land together , and do some killing in between. This is probably more important than timezone of plane choice to me.

- My ww2 aircraft of interest are the aircraft of the VVS - Lavochkins, Yakovlevs, Ilyushins, etc, and I plan to fly these at almost all times.

-Attitude is not so important to me , old and boring or young and loud, so long as I'm part of a flight of aggresive fighters.

Not sure if people read this forum often but I've nothing to lose.

!S

Might pay you to check out Sim Pilots.org. The 78th FG, 4th FG, and The Canadian Eagles fly joint opps , and usually on different nights, and generally EST-centric. If your looking for an experienced mature group that puts emphasis on RTB'ing and using tactics and teamwork, you'll not find a better group. They have my full confidence when we roll major bomb groups deep into enemy territory, and have gotten us home time and time again.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »
Originally posted by humble
These are the guys you want to check out...VVS guys

Great bunch of guys who have same interests and are good sticks to boot.:aok

Dantoo is the CO....

As a side note I'm a bit perplexed at the "me,me,me" when a guy asks a specific question. Regardless of wether your a guy looking for a squad or a CO/Squad member looking for new blood finding a good fit is what counts.

Doing the 'ohh ohh pick me" isnt really a productive way to build anything of value. If you conduct yourself with skill and decorum then overtime folks will seek you out...

if i where you i would check out those guys or JG11
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kozhedub

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
Thanks for the responses, will look you guys up in game.

Probably wasn't at me but if you look under the squad list you get hundreds of squads listed,, I played a two week trial some time back but have had a subscription for less then a week or two so in terms of knowing what squads out there are even remotely a  decent fit is a bit of a tall task,,,figured this would be easier. :D

what sims did you play kozhedub?

IL2 series , WWIIOL

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 09:48:20 PM »
From your post the VVS guys are an obvious fit, and very skilled in your planes of preference. They are also longstanding and well known here. I simply didn't/don't see the need to confuse the issue for you. They are the logical place for you to start your search for a "home". As you noted there are literally hundreds of squads (and thousands of players)...eventually you will find a bunch that will fit your wants and needs. In the event they arent a fit I'd suggest a bunch of other possibilities.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 10:40:27 AM »
yeah, humbles totally right, whenever you post something like that, a lot of guys will come on wanting you to join them even though they really aren't the right squad for you.

VVS is the way to go, fairly big, well known squad, many excellent pilots that can help you learn, and they mainly fly russian birds.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC