Author Topic: Any questions about my Niki mission film?!  (Read 492 times)

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/andrew_john_gordon
Any questions about my Niki mission film?!
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:45:09 AM »
Slightly different music from the first version, now it's just Shostakovich and John Williams, I still need to redo the start and end texts and I again must add that although it was shot off the monitor with a camcorder it does look better on dvd in its' full resolution - the google version is best viewed at 'double size' (or embedded at 600x489 ratio!) but I'm well happy with the soundtrack... noe niki missions totally rule!
:-)
Here's the link:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-8780670430593462997&hl=en-GB

Yeah, and I know it's rather long and not much happens at the start apart from random dialogue and plane shots, but it's in real time! - also the action follows my flight pretty much, but then I only had my replay to work from - it would've been intersting to have film from the C47s and that enemy 110 that bailed when we finally got to the town, and the enemy range vox, etc.

I just wanted to see an aces high film that was 'filmy', y'know, like 'Mad Max 2' or something...
Thanks for watching, any questions?!
:-)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 09:33:24 AM »
Well Done! My only suggestion is that you cut out some of the stuff from the beggining, its just to loooong. Other then that, well done. The music went alright wth it, and it'd go better if you toned down some of the ingame sounds....

Regards,
Subway
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »
Thanks!
:)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 07:11:44 PM »
Very cool,:aok :aok
                      Kevin

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 07:09:25 AM »
Yeah that's you heading into the ground in flames just after thes base is captured and the music changes back to star wars!
Heroic!
:aok
Ltareal ran the mission and ltarcnuk flew the goon that made it... and crashed on the runway on take-off, and of course wax and hapster's tragic sacrifices on their second (or third!) passes over the field are what really allowed the mission to succeed...
lol - in editing this seventeen minute sequence (8mins getting there, 9mins action) and watching the replay from tons of different angles I learnt a lot about flying I think - I wish more people would make 'whole mission films' as I guess they can be instructive - it was a fluke that I had the camera set up to record off the screen and it was a fluke that the mission/base capture was such a close call (they'd regained cap and were pushing towards the town with aircraft and gvs as the troops were going in - advantage of c47s over m3s - grounded they're almost invisible from the air!
I still need to redo the start and end titles...
...and fly more missions!
:cool:

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 05:19:43 PM »
Well,gordon,I dont knwo if you ever ran any of the missions I have run to capture base 44 on the uterus map,flying about 6 sectors or so..lots of boring time in the air,but some of it really good.I have a few of those I believe  recorded,as well as some others if you would be interested in taking them and setting the highlights to music,as "real-time" would be almost 45 minutes,let me know,and I will get you that one,and maybe a fewe others I have recorded..I also have at least ONE HUGE GV mission recorded..

Thanks,
                                            Kevin

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
Makin movies singin songs an fightin round tha world
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 08:00:01 AM »
I would actually like to do that, I need to get my time more organized atm tho but yeah! I believe the graphics'll be updated in the film viewer too...
...I also need to get that 'frapper' thing or something like that - I'm not sure if I would like to do another long real-time mission film, although I think it would be cool to have the mission time (and other information) actually flash up on the screen after certain jump-cuts...
...of course it always helps if the vox is interesting (I'm sure I've been on a few missions where either you or hap have given cool bombing lectures en route) but it's another whole world of filmmaking when you start messing with 'the script', plus I am actually slightly concerned about privacy issues...! (Not to mention the fact that if people think they're being recorded they may act differently - I don't want to be 'the filmmaker' if you know what I mean - although it's probably not a bad thing for people to realise that everything they say and do online is potentially being recorded by someone...)
I've got a few other film bits to do in the meantime but yeah - I'm keen to make some sort of 'hollywood but cool' aces high movie - I've certainly found aces high more exciting than your average blockbuster lately!
:)