Author Topic: Video Quality Test  (Read 258 times)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Video Quality Test
« on: December 05, 2007, 04:19:33 AM »
I'm in the very early stages of putting together my 2nd AH movie.  Just looking for some feedback, comments, or suggestions on this 30 second clip.  Also, trying to work with the new camera system that wasn't available the last time I did a movie.

Video file stats:
720x480 - WMV 9 Codec
2000 kbps video bitrate
29 seconds
6.8mb

Right click Save Target As - or - Buffer in Media Player by just clicking the link.
http://derstuhl.com/movies/109_takeoff_test_2300.wmv

Captured via Fraps.  Playback speed was set at 50% in film viewer averaging 30-40fps.  Duration was then doubled in Adobe Premiere to achieve a higher FPS before being outputted, also to avoid sub 30fps recording.  Sound was captured separately.

I plan on encoding 2 qualities of the movie, one for you lazy low bandwidth youtubers :) and a HQ download, similar to the specs above.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Video Quality Test
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:22:24 AM »
To me, quality looks good. :) Interesting things can be done with new shot system, it seems. Is it cumbersome to use?
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Video Quality Test
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 10:01:16 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
To me, quality looks good. :) Interesting things can be done with new shot system, it seems. Is it cumbersome to use?

Well, I'm still learning with it.  The brief tutorial is just that, brief.  It really only describes the proper way to use one of the 4 types of shots.  So the rest is just experimenting.  It's not the best camera system I've ever seen, but it is certainly a very nice addition to the film viewer.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either