Author Topic: WI-FI users: Secure your network or else...  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
WI-FI users: Secure your network or else...
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 06:13:10 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Ahhh well I've been playing with Virtual APs, my real network secured via WPA2-PEAP and an 'open' network unsecured which redirects any access attempts to a goatse style page :) (for people like yourself)

I suppose you don't need anyone else to reboot your AP just because the internet connection got jammed ;)

I use plain WEP because my laptop doesn't support WPA. I got nothing to conceal. Anyway there are no people to "hack" into my system here. Just 5-6 AP owners, all computer-illiterate, and 2-3 boys with PSPs.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 08:06:44 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
I suppose you don't need anyone else to reboot your AP just because the internet connection got jammed ;)

err no. My internet doesn't get jammed? Unless you're talking about frame floods, null probes, broadcast dauths, packet floods etc which my AP detects and defends against.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 08:08:59 PM »
Originally posted by Vipermann
A MAC address is very easy to emulate.

True but you have to figure out which MAC address to emulate.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 08:14:50 PM »
That's not so hard, all you need to do is intercept the transmission from a client device. The MAC address is transmitted :)
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 08:25:03 PM »
err no. My internet doesn't get jammed? Unless you're talking about frame floods, null probes, broadcast dauths, packet floods etc which my AP detects and defends against.

AP is a computer with a built-in web server ;) Anything that has some interactive features may hang, crash or jam.

There's noting that can't be broken, crashed or spoiled. It's the most important thing I have learned after 4 years studying to be a weapon engineer (conventional warheads).

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 08:57:45 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
AP is a computer with a built-in web server ;) Anything that has some interactive features may hang, crash or jam.

There's noting that can't be broken, crashed or spoiled. It's the most important thing I have learned after 4 years studying to be a weapon engineer (conventional warheads).

Uh huh, wel you're welcome to try :)  .

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 06:35:41 PM »
Originally posted by SD67
That's not so hard, all you need to do is intercept the transmission from a client device. The MAC address is transmitted :)

True, I was thinking that the MAC addr was encrypted but of course it can't be on the first network.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 07:42:45 PM »
Ahhh well I've been playing with Virtual APs, my real network secured via WPA2-PEAP and an 'open' network unsecured which redirects any access attempts to a goatse style page :) (for people like yourself)

Thats just wrong :rofl
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women