Author Topic: Okinawa Frame 3 AAR  (Read 529 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« on: December 15, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »
Last time I remember we were spanked that badly was about 5 years ago when we were all in GV's and some A20's found us about 15 minutes into the frame. We were all dead at the 20 minute mark.

It was ugly, but we helped someone else to have a great night! :)

To quote one of my squadies, d0gma
Here's my AAR:

We took off, we flew for a while, then we got PWN3D.
The end.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 11:31:43 AM »
My group had a blast 24 Kills 0 Deaths. Fester managed to get 10 kills. Looks like the Army Of Muppets are looking forward to signing up for the next FSO. :)
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »
VMF-251's write-up can be found at:

VMF-251 Headquarters

AARs can be found under the FSO -> AARs section.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »
Clowns experience was much like what DadDog described.

Took off from 31 in KI61, flew in a big rectangle pattern west of 32 for about 40 minutes...

Then apparently the AK's showed up and all the blue planes made the sun turn blue.

We knew we were in trouble when the HOG pilots actually knew how to fly hogs.  There was a lot of disipline and they were not giving up their altitude.  It took us only a few seconds to put two and two together and figure out who those pilots were.

Anyhoo - I managed to cut a wing off of one of them and as I scanned for my next mark, I got hit hard by another hog that had moved in behind.  I was boned.

My X.O. Trax who seperated to chase TBM's had a field day with them, bagging 4.

It all went down in a matter of maybe 3 minutes... We were given a firm spanking.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 12:30:49 PM »
Wow Husky. That is sweet!  All those kills and no deaths. :aok We have had a few frames over the years with 20 plus kills and lost only a couple pilots.

Hope they know not every FSO will be like that. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »
All I know is that I went to help a squadie who had "two spits" on his tail and when I got within d800 that "two" turned into 10 or 11 spits.  I love it when we get all these planes in one area and you're running a lower end system.  I think I may have actually got to see the plane that shot me down for a couple of seconds before they killed me.  I think we had one large (23+) and one medium 10-14 axis squads in the area and I think three different axis squads and we may have also had another allied bomber squad in the area.  Logged in disgust at both my inept performance and the code/network connection that causes 2 enemies to turn into 10+.

whine off.

As DD stated, we were thoroughly spanked.  Congrats to 24 scalps collected by BK's squad.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 12:51:36 PM »
Our squad took a bit of spanking too. It was fun just the same.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 01:04:13 PM »
USMC/71 Sqn did a little bit of spanking up North. Seems 90% of the allies were down south (well outside our zone). Still, we ran across a number of units including f4us, f6fs, tbms, and we were still combat effective at the end of the frame.

Only problem is we didn't know 90% of the allies were in the South! :D Had to keep patrolling for about an hour to make sure they didn't come back to hit the targets we were tasked to defend. By the time we figured it out and headed South there wasn't enough time. We got all the way down South just in time to have to land at the nearest base and call it quits.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Okinawa Frame 3 AAR
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 04:58:08 PM »
Both Allied primary offensive objectives were actually met by the respective attack groups on the first pass. A32, I think it was, got flattened first, with 31 a few minutes later ( Yellow Flight!)
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.