Author Topic: Hillary: Yes or No?  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Hillary: Yes or No?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
Venzuela? bush's mess?

Foreign policy. Bush's pride? CIA success?:eek:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 07:33:21 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
She is a l[y]ing, evil person.

Opinion on potential, I reckon. As is, I suppose, the opinion on the proven track record of W. ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:35:27 PM by Arlo »

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 07:38:16 PM »
well arlo, what would you do with Venezuela and communist dictator for life Chavez?

edit, opps, there i go again, getting off topic.:O
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:42:01 PM by john9001 »

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »
<---------------------------:)
Flying since tour 71.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: BJ229r
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »
Originally posted by Hungry
"For clarification, which mess and who's we?"

The US is the "We"

The "Mess", is the general state of affairs under George, he may not have started them all but hasn't helped much either.

Gas Prices
Venzuela
Iraq
Iran
Afganistan
Immigration
Manufacturing
Value of the dollar
General world opinion of the US

I'm not a politico, I go more by the general sense of well being I feel as a 54 year old father of 5 grandfather of 2.  Theres alot of people in our country struggling right now while some are getting rich beyond belief.

Gas prices---function of cost of oil, which is ~$90 a barrel right now on world market. Tapping the vast reserves in Alaska could help that, but Dems (including Hillary) won't allow it

Venezuela....? Little salamander runs country, short of invading, fail to see what the US can do about it (Bush's fault??)

Iraq--Hillary can...surrender?

Iran--Bush has been doing that U.N. thing that yall seem to like so much, and they continue to enrich uranium and march unabated to having a nuke, as Iran isn't afraid of the U.N., and NOW (the report)they know Bush can't attack them...Israel may yet

Afghanistan--They have an elected democratic government, which is going ok thus far, but pockets of terrorists come over from Pakistan and kill women and children. Would Hillary invade Pakistan?

Immigration--Hillary is gonna shut down the border? WHERE has she EVER advocated doing anything LIKE that?

Manufacturing--she could raise tariffs, make it less profitable to build stuff overseas and ship it back here...unions love that stuff...but ultimately, if your job CAN be done by an uneducated Filipino, odds are it WILL eventually be done by an uneducated Filipino.

General world opinion of the US----Wanting to be liked is a weakness, and if they think so little of us, WHY are so many of them trying to emigrate here?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 07:43:41 PM »
well arlo, what would you do with Venezuela and communist dictator for life Chavez?

Guess that depends on whether I buy an agenda line that requires me to wet my pants anytime the leader of a different country that doesn't adhere to my political agenda says anything smarmy about my adored politcal icon.

What am I supposed to do about another country's business .... until it actually affects my own country? Even then. If it's business (Venezuelan oil, to be precise) .... doesn't capitalism and free trade apply to other countries? Even ones that ideologically scare you shatless?

Oh yeah ... wait ... I'm supposed to covertly nation build after I make political speeches about how I'm not about nation-building and such.

;) :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2007, 07:45:36 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Guess that depends on whether I buy an agenda line that requires me to wet my pants anytime the leader of a different country that doesn't adhere to my political agenda says anything smarmy about my adored politcal icon.

What am I supposed to do about another country's business .... until it actually affects my own country? Even then. If it's business (Venezuelan oil, to be precise) .... doesn't capitalism and free trade apply to other countries? Even ones that ideologically scare you shatless?

Oh yeah ... wait ... I'm supposed to covertly nation build after I make political speeches about how I'm not about nation-building and such.

I miss the old days when we just whacked em:aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2007, 07:46:21 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
I miss the old days when we just whacked em:aok

No American Indian ancestors to speak of? ;)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2007, 07:48:41 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo

but son, you said Venezuela was bush's mess? your dancing again.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »
ut son, you said Venezuela was bush's mess? [You're] dancing again.

What I said, son, was that foreign policy is one of the responsibilities of the POTUS. What I said, after that, is that Venezuelan internal politics shouldn't be part of our foreign policy unless, somehow, it managed to affect the U.S. .... and do so in a way that doesn't make someone look like a total moron and hypocritE when they preach free market out of one side of their mouth and ideological fear out of the other.

I also said Bush can't seem to make up his mind as to whether he's an advocate of nation-building or not, overtly or covertly.

And I'm not sure why I'm wasting this post explaining it to you because you either don't have the capability or desire to understand what I post (probably because I've so thoroughly intimidated your agenda driven logic processor) anyhow. It's kinda like Pavlov's dog. You see "Arlo" ... you fart nonsense.

:D

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2007, 08:18:59 PM »
so you don't know what to do about Venezuela. son.
:lol

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »
so you don't know what to do about Venezuela. son.
:lol

I "don't know what to do" about whatever planet you're from, either. But I don't particularly let that scare me, son .... errrr none. Not unless you can make a convincing case that there's real cause for worry. Give it your best shot. You got better, right? ;)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2007, 08:40:17 PM »
Let me see if I have this straight . . .

Hungry says Venezuela is a mess caused by Bush.

John asks how Venezuela is Bush's fault.

Arlo says, because everything that is foreign policy related is the "fault" of the president -- but in the case of Venezuela, there is no problem.

Does that about sum it up?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »
let me recap son , you said Venezuela was bush's mess, but have not said how you would fix the mess or exactly what the mess was.

this is going nowhere, good night son.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2007, 08:53:01 PM »
let me recap son , you said Venezuela was bush's mess, but have not said how you would fix the mess or exactly what the mess was.

this is going nowhere, good night son.

Don't confuse you going nowhere with this going nowhere, son*. (*Yeah, I know that ruffles your feathers. You've made that damned apparent, eh?)

Someone in this thread mentioned "Venezuela" as a fault of Bush's policies. This "confused" some here to no end, apparently. Guess I made the "mistake" of clarifying that what was being alluded to by the other poster was a foreign policy failure where the CIA was caught red-handed attempting to influence the internal politics of another country (nothing new, actually). I further mentioned my own pov regarding such policies if there seems no real need or gain from such.

And I'm still pretty sure that the word "Arlo", alone, is enough to get you to wet yourself for the sake of the agenda as a response to any topic.