Author Topic: A good fight?  (Read 2482 times)

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
A good fight?
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:42:30 PM »
Just wondering what you all think a “good fight” really is.   It amazes me to see posts such as “Nothing better then a good fight” coming from some individuals when it appears it is the last thing they want.

Is it a “good fight” to fly over a runway at 350mph in a FW190/P51 hoping to get that “kill” on a plane that is traveling 60mph in a straight path?

Is it a good fight to make sure you are at least 1000 over the top of anyone upping from a base if you can’t vulch because of the ack?  Heaven forbid they get co-alt or I you can just run away in the P38.  

Is it a good fight to meet a single con and then turn and run half a grid in the Fw190 until you have a friendly P51 at least 1.5 alt advantage dive on the chaser…Then I can turn around and get that “kill”

Is it a good fight to fly 1.5 above the good fights so you can dive on someone already involved in a good fight?

Is it a good fight to begin firing at D800 on the merge and if you miss just extend at least 1.5 or 2 and repeat.  If you loose to much E then just run to someone that will help you get the “kill”.

I think a lot of people should post “Nothing like scoring a kill no matter how I do it”

To me, a good fight involves none of the above.  If I get pissed off and do any of the above then I feel no satisfaction at all.  I got pissed and ho’ed several times last night and tried to purposely ram those that were doing the above mentioned.  I will do anything possible to try to destroy your plane after witnessing such events so that you can not land your “Good kills.”

P.S.  I will also now shoot down every chute I see after some dweeb decided to stand on the runway and shoot at cockpits.....sorry to the innocent individuals.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:20:39 PM by WWM »
Jay12

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
A good fight?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
My idea of a good fight is a one on one against a guy who knows how to attack bombers, and, has the guts to stick it out and not run home just cause he caught a little shrapnel.

Some guys...:lol .. I know its them cause of the plane they flew and how far it takes to land. That and they have 3 or 4 kills to score, "probably after re'arming 6 times. " """ ""' " landed 4 kills in a P-51 for Pants On Fire". When the actual truth is he lost to 30 eny bombers and one more pass and I'd have blown him up. Most of these guys probably have years in the game so what do they care if their names in the Marquee one time less.

Now the guy who sticks it out until one of us is dead. Now thats a guy I can respect.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:09:12 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
Re: A good fight?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »
Originally posted by WWM
...some dweeb decided to stand on the runway and shoot at cockpits...

What's wrong with that?

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Re: A good fight?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »
Originally posted by 68Wooley
What's wrong with that?
Ya, what's wrong with that?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
A good fight?
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »
WWM,

I am not trying to be rude, but this is the MA so deal with it.  I usually try to keep my advantages and do some of the things you mention (like stay above the enemy).  It usually deteriorates and ends up with me turnig with two to five bad guys on the deck.  That is where it becomes fun.  If I can score a couple kills before they get me or some how manage to get out and make it home then I am ecstatic.  If you are looking for a good 1 v1 then you need to find a parner and dance in the DA because you will not find an even fight in the MA.  Good 1 v 1's in the MA's are few and very far in between.  If you look hard though you can usually find a good 2 v 1.

Spazz

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
A good fight?
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 03:35:32 PM »
No comment on the "Whats wrong with that?".... :confused:

[/B][/QUOTE]  because you will not find an even fight in the MA.  Good 1 v 1's in the MA's are few and very far in between.

Spazz [/B][/QUOTE]

No offence taken.  I know out of 300 players it will be there.
I am simply asking about the irony of people jizzing over how they "love a good fight" but yet do the above. And if so, what they really think a good fight is....?     The person you just vulched or picked or ran from until your buddy picked him might have been the best fight of your year but now you will never know.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:42:10 PM by WWM »
Jay12

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
A good fight?
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 03:41:24 PM »
My favorites are the 3 or 4 vs 1s that last a long time. Makes it even better when you shoot some of the guys down or make them auger to see a familiar name instead of a zip code.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
A good fight?
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »
sounds like a good Saturday night to me  :aok
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
A good fight?
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 04:10:42 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
My idea of a good fight is a one on one against a guy who knows how to attack bombers.  

You mean 3 vs 1 if your in bombers.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
A good fight?
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 05:26:48 PM »
Whats with attacking the 190 series?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
A good fight?
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 05:32:39 PM »
Originally posted by WWM
No comment on the "Whats wrong with that?".... :confused:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to say that , it used to be alot of fun to bail over a runway and shoot cockpits, was funny as hell, haven't done that in a long time, last time i did someone tryed to run me over with a jeep, was really funny, i was out of bullets and he didn't shoot, just tryed to run me down, he rolled it, then came back and shot me.

ahhhh good times!
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
A good fight?
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 05:43:46 PM »
My idea of a "good fight" is getting jumped by 1-2 nme planes w/ alt, getting them to blow their energy and position, and killing them.

I just get a kick of out shooting down an nme who "held all the cards".

That, or finding a worthy opponent that makes me work for it.  Nothing like a good 3-5 min long white knuckle battle.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
A good fight?
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 05:46:04 PM »
Explore the other arenas.  Early war has been fun for me lately.  I might switch to Mid or AvA for a change.  There's a lot of options outside Late War slaughterama. Then again, it is their 15 so if they want to spend 10 hours a day sitting in the tower, ground pounding, hording a base or fighting 1 v 1 and feeling satisfied, I have nothing to say about it.  I'm having fun. :aok
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
A good fight?
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »
Typically for me when I actually survive a fight I consider a “Good Fight”. Although since I suck so bad that is a pretty rare event. But for a bit more detail to answer your question this is what I really like. Although again, it is extremely rare for me.

When I am flying Buffs, usually B-17’s because they can take a licking and keep on ticking. I really enjoy flying into a defended base/target and duking it out with the defender or defenders. It is especially “Good” if I can manage to kill the defender, hit my target and make it back to a friendly base. However this is not easy to do for me even though I am best with buffs so far I still suck big time in them.

When flying fighters, I typically fly the FW-190A8, or F4U1D. Being a POS stick still I am trying to work the 190 to gain skill in ACM. I figure if I can kill you in this when you are flying a La La or a Spitty then I am learning. For me I find it a “Good” fight to engage coalt or 1-2k below you and spin, roll, dive, cuss, spit until I get the kill. However again, since I suck in fighters worse than I do in Buffs this is an even more rare event.

I don’t like to HO peeps but will attempt it in retaliation if done to me. I consider it CS if your team outnumbers me like 3+ to 1 (me) and that is the only thing you can do. I have never purposefully rammed anybody however I have collided with a few of you. I don’t like either of these situations. I don’t enjoy them and I don’t consider it a “Good Fight” if they occur.

I actually consider it a “Good Fight” if I have looped, swooped, rolled, turned, dived and etc… for some period of time before you kill me. I don’t enjoy getting blasted out of the sky in less then 10 seconds. I consider that a “Bad Fight” on my part because I was too lame to last for any duration of time. This is a more common event for me since I suck.

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
A good fight?
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 05:49:58 PM »
i had a good fight the other night. I was rtb at 10k with 2 kills. an la7 decides to climb to my D'Hog. he was d 800 .i just hit auto climb and climbed to 15 k with him still on my low 6 at d 800 when i reversed. after a good 5 minute fight we eventually ended up at about 3k alt in a rolling scissors after he had taken out one of my ailerons.i had 2 snapshots on him after that at d 200 or less . dont know if i pinged him or not but with my convergence set to 300 not much of a chance for a concentration of hits. But shortly after he got me .i cant remember his name and neither of us saluted. I DIED.But it still was a GREAT fight!