Author Topic: M3 's killing Tigers  (Read 1679 times)

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
jeeps killing tigers
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »
It's stupid.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 06:46:32 PM »
Sounds like a challenge to me..I bet perk awards would be pretty high. :rofl

Whats the sense in gv perks anyway? After a couple of hundred you don't need to try and get them anymore. Maybe one day they will introduce something that costs a 500 to a thousand. What would that be tho?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 06:49:04 PM »
I was only killed by a jeep maybe 1 or 2 times. I had my engine running and not paying attention. My fault I died, I wasnt paying attention.

It isnt the collision model thats at fault, its the driver of the tank's fault for not paying attention.  Dont like to be killed that way? Kill them before they get to you
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 06:49:12 PM »
Originally posted by A8TOOL
Sounds like a challenge to me..I bet perk awards would be pretty high. :rofl

Whats the sense in gv perks anyway? After a couple of hundred you don't need to try and get them anymore. Maybe one day they will introduce something that costs a 500 to a thousand. What would that be tho?

:noid V1:noid V2:noid

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 09:57:03 PM »
I found out that you don't have to drive inside a sherman to kill it. Shoot the back part of the turret with .50cals and it blows up in a few pings.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »
you can't kill a tiger from the inside with an m3.

nor can you kill a tiger with an m3....

unless said tiger has flipped itself upside down and is sitting there without exiting.

then if you shoot its underbelly from close range you can easily kill it.

well i hammered it pretty good but it blew up.

i was inside the tiger halfway but my 50 cal was above it and shooting its upsidedown exposed underbelly.

tested this out and took an m3 and drove it inside a tiger but no pings registered on it and all richochets resulted and no damage to the tiger happened.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Bobby

• Zinc Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »
That's why Fester then drove another M3 into my Tiger and started shooting again. It does work, he just doesn't want his loophole plugged.
Bottom line, no GV should be able to drive inside another GV. That's totally inaccurate modelling and so far from reality it's a joke. Leave it to Fester to find any angle he can in this game.  He's right in one regard, I don't believe anyone "can cheat" or hack the game, but they sure can find any weakness and exploit it.  Some people need those little things to feel good about themself.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:16:54 PM by Bobby »

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 11:37:30 PM »
Vanscrew  tried to drive his M3 into my panzer not to long ago.   I had my engine off tho and heard him coming.    Turned my pintle gun on him and shot one of his tires out.   Another country man saw him and shot him with his panzer before I could finish the job.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 11:43:36 PM »
Originally posted by Bobby
That's why Fester then drove another M3 into my Tiger and started shooting again. It does work, he just doesn't want his loophole plugged.
Bottom line, no GV should be able to drive inside another GV. That's totally inaccurate modelling and so far from reality it's a joke. Leave it to Fester to find any angle he can in this game.  He's right in one regard, I don't believe anyone "can cheat" or hack the game, but they sure can find any weakness and exploit it.  Some people need those little things to feel good about themself.

As if the ground game in AH is accurately modelled to begin with. :rolleyes:  Tanks that repair wrecked turrets, engines, or tracks in 1ms, jeeps that haul around enough ammo for any 2 tanks, spawns, spawning, spawn camping, the most powerful weapons in the war can't penetrate a single leaf, shrub, or decrepit barn, trees that flip over armor on impact, etc etc etc.

Compared to the rest of it, some clown sitting in a tank, ignoring an enemy halftrack, and getting killed as a result seems far more realistic.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
As if the ground game in AH is accurately modelled to begin with. :rolleyes:  Tanks that repair wrecked turrets, engines, or tracks in 1ms, jeeps that haul around enough ammo for any 2 tanks, spawns, spawning, spawn camping, the most powerful weapons in the war can't penetrate a single leaf, shrub, or decrepit barn, trees that flip over armor on impact, etc etc etc.

Compared to the rest of it, some clown sitting in a tank, ignoring an enemy halftrack, and getting killed as a result seems far more realistic.

correction...

some clown sitting in an upside down tank :D

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 12:42:10 AM »
Originally posted by Bobby

ground war is a sideshow to me. My interest is in Luftwaffe aircraft and survivalism. the fact that I was in a ground vehicle is a rarity. I was in a mood to dweeb around in ground vehicles for a change and it seems I dweebed out quite well and had some good laughs.

but since you think I had some master plan of evil doing as your master VOSS insists (or are you really VOSS?) heres everything I can remember about the death of your precious tiger...

I stated above after I saw your tiger explode by shooting its underside I found that it is the underside itself that is vulnerable. driving the m3 inside the tiger does not seem to affect it as all bullets from the 50 cal richochet.

I invite you to test this at your convenience. if it is a bug it should be fixed.

but you seem to think I have some malicious intent against your tiger tank.

the truth is that I have not used ground vehicles in a  long time and was clowning around trying to capture a vbase with another m3. we were heading for the maproom when a tempest dove in as we let out our troops. the tempest dropped his bombs on the troops and vaporized all 20 of them as they entered the maproom.

so there I am at your vbase in an m3.

theres you upside down in a tiger sitting on a  base that would have been captured had not a tempest dropped bombs on all those troops.

guess what happens next?

yep. I'm in an m3 theres enemy tanks around so I run for the trees next to your upside down tiger. I drive right up to your tiger and am sitting right on it and blast your underside with my 50cal. I am surprised you exploded as quickly as you did but not shocked. though I got a good laugh out of it.

now how did I know the underside was vulnerable?

I've killed tigers that have flipped over with a single 37mm from a hurri2d into their undersides which are very soft.  2+2=4 right?

but did I know your tiger would be damaged by my m3? not until it exploded. I was surprised as you were.

so I just blew up an upside down tiger with an m3 so the next logical course of action while driving an m3 on an enemy vbase with troops killed is to run amok and try and distract them until being exploded by them in hopes of the slim chance another m3 can sneak in.

well no m3 was nearby and it was me running around the vbase like a chicken with its head cut off. I played russian roulet with a panzer and a tiger driving in circles and several times ended up driving through each of them. the entire time firing my 50 cal at them. right as I was killed by the panzer I ended up inside the tiger. I fired my 50cal while inside and outside each of them and it had no effect on either as the bullets richochet away regardless of 50 cal position. from my point of view I was unsure of how vulnerable the tanks were to the m3 50 cal due to the fact that I have not used the m3 in a very long time and I found them to be invulnerable to it unless they are upside down LOL!

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 01:16:39 AM »
If you let a Jeep even get near your tiger, you sir are an idiot.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 01:24:15 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
I thought you couldn't do it anymore?

Whine gets a 1 out of 10.

you gotta love Stang...LOL
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 05:30:30 AM »
It's modeling that allows tools to be tools, see ------>user of said modeling=tool.
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
M3 's killing Tigers
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007, 06:38:01 AM »
i got called for cheating on this subject a few years ago dont remember who tho. the film was emailed to skuzzy. i called skuzzy and asked about it years ago. in his words "if they are stupid enought to let you get that close, then they deserve to DIE".

i dont do it as much, but if i am in an osti and a tank takes my turret out i will park inside of you and kill you.:D :aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey