Author Topic: An Appeal To Remove Vehicle Spawns To HQ's  (Read 1109 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
An Appeal To Remove Vehicle Spawns To HQ's
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 08:40:23 AM »
By the same logic, why don't you guys fight instead of doing your gamey offmap raids and porking HQ?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »
It would be really spiffy if more of the maps were built with the idea of usability.  For example, why not a second GV base near which also spawns to HQ or a 163 base that isn't way out of the way of the strats its used to defend?  Why are there not more 163 enabled bases surrounding core strats?  They are fun rides and not invincible.  Overall, many of the maps don't seem to give a lot of thought to how to build a good fight and this one example.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »
im confused... so u dont mind if they destroy the HQ as long as they do it by plane?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 10:15:35 AM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
Overall, many of the maps don't seem to give a lot of thought to how to build a good fight and this one example.

I think that is unfair to the map makers and couldn't disagree more.

I believe each map was designed with the "good fight" in mind.

You have to remember that a lot of the maps are old and what was a "good fight" when they were designed does not match the current mindset of what a "good fight" is now but there is a limited amount of maps available so we have to deal with the "old" maps and their design.

Fester has made quite a few maps, along with NHawk, and I know for a fact that Fester used quite a bit of input from us to design the "good fight" into his maps ... and I believe NHawk has done the same.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 11:45:24 AM »
It really doesn't happen that often where it's a big problem.  Plus, it's fun to go bomb the snot out of the GV dweebs hitting HQ with my F6F.

Besides that, you don't even have to end your sortie to go defend the VB or HQ.  Just alert everyone on country channel.  Usually, more than enough will show up to save the day.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TUXC

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 01:18:15 PM »
The GVs hitting an HQ do seem like easy targets. How many GVs does it actually take to flatten the HQ? Is it a few or more like a dozen?

Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
For example, why not a second GV base near which also spawns to HQ or a 163 base that isn't way out of the way of the strats its used to defend?  Why are there not more 163 enabled bases surrounding core strats?  They are fun rides and not invincible.

Could you imagine the whines if they enabled 163s at more than one field? Buff pilots complain enough about them not letting their HQ runs waltz in unintercepted already.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 01:20:41 PM by TUXC »
Tuxc123

JG11

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 01:25:48 PM »
Originally posted by Stoney74
Well, the problem is that if I'm flying 5 sectors away engaged in some air-to-air, I can't just hop out of the cockpit to go defend a GV base.  Additionally, I, and I assume most folks, fly around with their map zoomed in on where they are, and so we don't necessarily see it either.  Its simply gamey--you take away the spawn and it can't happen.

Added to "The Gamey" List .....:O    But if this is a Game isn't all things on this list?

Crims

479th Raiders FG
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »
Originally posted by Helm
"EAT YOUR LIVERS BOYS, EAT YOUR LIVERS..."

I suppose I should just drone holes in the sky over the GV field that spawns to HQ all night then.  Should make for a terrific squad night:

"Hey guys, tonight we're going to CAP V?? for all 3 hours.  I know the fight is 5 sectors away, but we're going to take one for the team and make sure no one takes it."

"But Stoney, if they see our Dar Bar over the field, they'll never attempt to sneak it"

"Exactly guys, that's the beauty of the strategy we're using.  If we were doing our normal thing on the other side of the map, they'd be tempted to come and sneak it.  Its a small price to pay to make sure we don't lose radar tonight so we'll be able to know where the enemy is..."

"But Stoney, we won't need radar to see the guys that aren't coming here to fight"

"Trust me, the guys on the Forums say this is what we need to do to make sure no one sneaks the base.  If we were flying somewhere else, we'd have to zoom our map out, wait for this field to flash, then bail out of our fighters, and all grab Ostwinds to defend it.  I know you guys just want to fly fighter missions, so this is the best of both worlds..."

Give me a break.  I feel like I'm flying B-25's out of Corsica.

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »
If an enemy flies off the map you'll see a red arrow pointing in their direction I believe......
Das Muppets

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 03:50:35 PM »
Nowhere in this post do is say:   "Eat your Livers"  ....nor in the history of my being in this game have I ever typed in  "Eat your Livers" .....what the heck is going on here???
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »
I suppose I should just drone holes in the sky over the GV field that spawns to HQ all night then.  Should make for a terrific squad night:

"Hey guys, tonight we're going to CAP V?? for all 3 hours.  I know the fight is 5 sectors away, but we're going to take one for the team and make sure no one takes it."

"But Stoney, if they see our Dar Bar over the field, they'll never attempt to sneak it"

"Exactly guys, that's the beauty of the strategy we're using.  If we were doing our normal thing on the other side of the map, they'd be tempted to come and sneak it.  Its a small price to pay to make sure we don't lose radar tonight so we'll be able to know where the enemy is..."

"But Stoney, we won't need radar to see the guys that aren't coming here to fight"

"Trust me, the guys on the Forums say this is what we need to do to make sure no one sneaks the base.  If we were flying somewhere else, we'd have to zoom our map out, wait for this field to flash, then bail out of our fighters, and all grab Ostwinds to defend it.  I know you guys just want to fly fighter missions, so this is the best of both worlds..."

Give me a break.  I feel like I'm flying B-25's out of Corsica.

I guess most of us don't quite view the situation with the same urgency as you.

So they take the V Base ... it takes 250 lbs of ord to drop a town building ... it takes 37,000 lbs to drop HQ ... think about how many rounds you have to put into a town building with an Ostie before it blows ... now extrapolate that to the HQ building.

I would think by the time they take the V base ... the  V base could be nuked beyond recognition with no survivors and any spawned vehicles dead before they could bring 37,000 lbs ord equivalent down on HQ with Ostwinds and the like.

Hesistate and procrastinate ... then the country deserves to be blind.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »
Originally posted by TUXC
The GVs hitting an HQ do seem like easy targets. How many GVs does it actually take to flatten the HQ? Is it a few or more like a dozen?

Originally posted by SlapShot
So they take the V Base ... it takes 250 lbs of ord to drop a town building ... it takes 37,000 lbs to drop HQ ... think about how many rounds you have to put into a town building with an Ostie before it blows ... now extrapolate that to the HQ building.

It takes 3 or 4 panzers or one tiger loaded with HE to drop a HQ.
It does take lots of time, more than enough time to get someone from your country or a squaddie to get out there with some eggs to send them back to the tower. Then you can go get your VH back.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: An Appeal To Remove Vehicle Spawns To HQ's
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 06:19:45 PM »
...on all MA maps.

You want to go take a GV to a strat to pad your score, that's fine.  But leave HQ's alone.  For those of us trying to chase dar bar to find an air-to-air fight, its a big deal.  You want to drop HQ, do it with an aircraft and I'll meet you there.

WHAAAAAAAWHAAAAAAAAA
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 09:04:19 PM »
Originally posted by SD67
It takes 3 or 4 panzers or one tiger loaded with HE to drop a HQ.

Wrong.  I drove a Tiger with a full load of HE to an enemy HQ one night and that wasn't enough to drop the hardened building.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 09:23:47 PM »
Yeah you could be right there.
I reviewed the film of when I did it, I hit it with the tiger twice. I only remember the once, because I rolled 3 tigers in between getting down the steep slope :rofl
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder