Author Topic: HE rounds vs sherman  (Read 946 times)

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
HE rounds vs sherman
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 09:38:13 PM »
Originally posted by stodd
SHOULD but doesnt always, ive hit one before 3 times in the side of the turret before from less then 500 out and then another hit on the front before he showed his rear and died.

Why the turrent ? Hit them in the side. Even in pzr 2 hits in side will usually do the job & if front on low down with 2.
In most cases you can get 2 rounds off before the Sherman even knows where you are or gets range on you.

SA is just as important in GV's. Don't attack until you are in a position to do so. Otherwise retreat & reposition yourself.
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
HE rounds vs sherman
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 09:46:10 PM »
retreat wasnt an option nor was repositioning I was tracked. He was behind a hill and I took the only shot I could which happend to be in the side of the turret. Then he came over the hill and thats when I hit him in the front,he then turned to run and I got him before he could.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline ASP4422

• Zinc Member
HE rounds vs sherman
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 12:27:18 AM »
It can't be stressed enough - SHOT PLACEMENT!  If you know where to place your round, any GV can be taken out with 1 shot.  Even those annoying T34's can be taken out with 1 shot from a panzer.  Many times when I use M4's, I get called a cheat or "ASP has GOD TANKS!"....yea I wish.  Even though you think you have a perfect broad side shot, take your time and adjust for a possible deflection shot.  Many times I just rush through trees or around town, come up to any enemy GV point blank, be first to fire and....plink - DEFLECTION.....very sad, hang head in shame and take my punishment - BOOM I'm in the tower.   So remember shot placement in vital!