Author Topic: report any tips in any plane or vehichle  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
report any tips in any plane or vehichle
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 09:39:58 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
WHY?

someone has already done it for you...

1.Click on community
2.useful links
3. Click on Soda's Aircraft Evaluation Pages

No need to waste your time on something that soda's done.And im sure it's a lot more accurate then what you will have.

True.Im sure people that fly a plane the most know more about it.But soda's seems to be the best source besides the players.

I would take the yak over the LA. As long as the Lgay dose not run i would put my money on the yak.

Why do you continue to post this crap?   Are you "attempting to show off"?   Are you "posting for shock value"?    Are you "trying to impress others"?    Please, lay it all out for us, so we are informed.  

A person starts one of the FEW decent threads and you choose to "tear into him".    You keep this crap up, you're looking at a PNG.    BTW, I'm not the only one fed up with your juvenile antics.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »
Try not to let others' views on planes affect which one you choose. Let them give you the data and then make your own conclusions. If they give an opinion whether it's 'that plane's uber' or 'that plane is useless' make up your OWN conclusion after youve heard FACTS. Research what people say if you're not sure of its credibility.

A point I like to state is choose a plane. Depending on which one it is, you may wish to fly a few other planes to help you master your first choice. Before I flew the F4U Corsair, I flew my Spit like any other dweeb... in circles. After flying the Hog, I learned a totally new style of combat which really helped me find success in the Spitfire. Any immature little kid who complained about my noobishness didn't know my story so I just didn't say anything. Nothing pisses 'em off more than receiving no words from someone they're sadly attempting to insult.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 08:54:10 AM »
I'm not good enough to give good advice, but I fly the f6f-5 pretty much all the time. There are guys in this game that can ruin you in a heartbeat with that plane....I'm not one of them. The Hellcat can do everything well, but doesn't do anything great....kinda like me, except I do everything bad and some things mediocre. Great plane though and takes a beating like few others can. Just my thoughts.....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:56:20 AM by lagger86 »
Lagger

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Why do you continue to post this crap?   Are you "attempting to show off"?   Are you "posting for shock value"?    Are you "trying to impress others"?    Please, lay it all out for us, so we are informed.  

A person starts one of the FEW decent threads and you choose to "tear into him".    You keep this crap up, you're looking at a PNG.    BTW, I'm not the only one fed up with your juvenile antics.

Didn't you read his signature?  He's been playing since Tour 72.  That's all I need to know that when he posts, I'm reading the words of an 'Experten'.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 02:24:16 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Didn't you read his signature?  He's been playing since Tour 72.  That's all I need to know that when he posts, I'm reading the words of an 'Experten'.

ack-ack

:rofl

Always found that one funny myself. Now what would I need in my sig...... Somewhere around tour 10 I think.

...-Gixer

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
:rofl

Now what would I need in my sig......

...-Gixer

How about "Slutting around since Tour 10"? ^__^

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 03:04:10 PM »
Thanks potato! :D

...-Gixer

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 08:20:03 PM »
I think the best thing the Yak has going for it is..... Pilots underestimate what it can do in the hands of a pilot that has spent a lot of time in it.

My personal experiance shows me that pilots do not take the Yak seriously when they see it in the sky.   They will not engage the Yak first if presented with other choices.

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 12:03:37 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
F4U all models:  
use the lock-tab on the cupholder. It keeps the glass from sliding around and spilling your scotch when maneuvering.

P38 all models:  
Don't plug the margarita blender into the cigar lighter receptacle, it doesn't support the amperage required for the better quality blenders. Have your Maintenance Chief run a heavier guage wire and fuse right off the master battery bus. (Good Chiefs actually install an on/off switch right on the stick for you!)

LA7:
The warp coils are prone to overheating. This can be really dangerous and inconvenient. Be sure to vent the plasma relays regularly when over 10K.

That's all I got.

RTR

thanx for the info on the 38's !! I'll get my crewchief right on that wire problem!!
Flying since tour 71.