Author Topic: Question: Pearl Harbor?  (Read 707 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Question: Pearl Harbor?
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:55:27 AM »
I haven't flown a scenario in years but I was curious if a Pearl Harbor style battle has ever been planned?  I don't know if the game is setup to allow a map builder to put a row of destroyers in battleship row?

Just thinking out loud.  

I think having a few waves of carrier-bound Zeros try to shut down the port while a bunch of P-40 drivers try to stop them would be a good time  :)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 01:08:06 AM »
Battleship row is coming along nicely.  Pearl is in the build stage, it is one of the more complicated maps.

It's on the horizon, just no release date.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 01:29:37 AM »
Wow, quick reply...

Keep us updated with some pretty screenshots!

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 11:13:34 PM »
Quick on a touchy subject I might add but like ROC I can't wait for this event to come forth in all it's glory.

MGD

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 02:40:38 AM »
2 weeks

j/k

I can't wait.  I was set and ready  for it last year but complication arose w/ the map I think.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:50:54 AM »
Right at the worst possible moment an update came out which killed the terrain. It's still there, but it needs to be rebuilt using the updated OE. We've opted to put our efforts into other terrains in the meantime, but we will get back to Pearl.

I'd post some screenshots but I can't even launch it without crashing right now. :(
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »
That is exactly what happened with 'Karelia' in the earlier big update before this big update... around May/June 2005(?). It kept on crashing when trying to open the project.
The terrain was finally completely rebuilt in early 2006... and now it is again under work after the latest big update. That is how it works with heavily customized terrains... patiently :aok

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34