Author Topic: favorite kill on La7 thread  (Read 2138 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
favorite kill on La7 thread
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 11:20:02 PM »
I've killed quite a few of them in Huri 1's but it's not that hard once you trick them into a turn fight.

LA7's really don't bug me anymore personally I think the Nikki is the bigger dweeb ride.
"strafing"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »
N1Ks may be just as bad at HOing as La-7s, but at least you can run them down when they try to bug. ;)
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:39 PM »
So the La-7 is the dweeb plane of AH? :D

Once I put 2 and 2 together, I flew it for my first ~10 sorties at AH so that the airplane would make up for my incompetence.

It's still nothing compared to the P38L that HT and Pyro gave us in WB 1.x :cry
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 11:49:09 PM »
I was in a P40-E at 10K heading to an area of a gentleman on 200 talking on 200 about his La-7..

I tell him im at 10K and to take it easy on my P40.

We merge and end up in a nice turn fight that ends up nice and low.

Killed the Uber La-7 in the under appreciated P-40E.

I hung around the near the base and I  see an La-7 up.

I was in the verticle as he was climbing to me and I rolled over the top and shot him down on the way down. Same guy.

Was a nice hop

:D

Nice fight.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 12:00:47 AM »
Originally posted by Anaxogoras
So the La-7 is the dweeb plane of AH? :D

Once I put 2 and 2 together, I flew it for my first ~10 sorties at AH so that the airplane would make up for my incompetence.

It's still nothing compared to the P38L that HT and Pyro gave us in WB 1.x :cry

to be honest the spitfire 16 has taken over and the la7 has been promoted to simply 'ez mode' along with anything else not held together with ductape, powered by rubber bands or armed with a double barrel slingshot :D

i love flying la7s, but i love killing them more.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »
Every time I kill pacerr.  It's just comedy gold.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 02:03:07 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
Every time I kill pacerr.  It's just comedy gold.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 02:58:42 AM »
Isn't any LA-7 kill a favorite, no matter who it is? :rofl

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 05:32:18 AM »
LA's are just far too easy to get kills in. I upped one tonight and did 4 kills in 3 mins. (after I got a lil alt.) Almost had a 5th kill but I over shot him and someone else killed the guy.

I didn't even have to do any Dweeby HO's either. I bet I could easily get a 10:1 kill:death ratio, if not more by flying LA7's all the time. It's a fun plane to fly and I do fly it if a base is getting capped as in this case, but it's just way too easy to get kills in. I always feel cheap landing a bunch of kills in a LA.

Here is the Film

I still think Nikis have become the new Dweeb plane, simply because 90% of the guys that fly them do nothing but HO. It seems like anytime I get into a fight where I'm out numbered, there is always some ramming Ho tard in a Nikki that slams into you trying to get the kill.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 05:34:47 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 05:40:47 AM »
scissoring and reversing any la7 that dives on my 190a8 is always a favorite kill. in fact every kill in the 190a8 is a triumph. you cant outclimb, out dive or out turn or outrun anything. only thing you have in an a8 is superior firepower. sometimes thats all it takes though if you don't miss your limited firing oportunities :D

I think the difficulty in flying the la7 is very low.

sure you can get kills with it but whats the point? its not like you outflew the other guy by your superior skill. you just used a superior plane to get the advantage.

its not challenging and not at all rewarding to fly an aircraft that has no disadvantages below 10k where most MA fights occur.

and to most when there is no difficulty or challenge, boredom and loss of interest set in.

at least there is the la5fn. a good plane without any decisive advantages but a solid high performance fighter
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 05:48:01 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria
scissoring and reversing any la7 that dives on my 190a8 is always a favorite kill. in fact every kill in the 190a8 is a triumph. you cant outclimb, out dive or out turn or outrun anything. only thing you have in an a8 is superior firepower. sometimes thats all it takes though if you don't miss your limited firing oportunities :D

I think the difficulty in flying the la7 is very low.

sure you can get kills with it but whats the point? its not like you outflew the other guy by your superior skill. you just used a superior plane to get the advantage.

its not challenging and not at all rewarding to fly an aircraft that has no disadvantages below 10k where most MA fights occur.

and to most when there is no difficulty or challenge, boredom and loss of interest set in.

at least there is the la5fn. a good plane without any decisive advantages but a solid high performance fighter

I agree which is why I always feel cheap flying them. However if you are upping at a base that has an in coming raid.. Well it's a smart choice to fly. If I'm way out numbered I don't feel so bad.

I dunno about the LA5, IMO it isn't much diffrent than the & it just has less ammo. I actually think the LA5 flys a bit better.
"strafing"

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 06:10:31 AM »
Any Kill on a LA-7 is my favourite i cant stand that plane.

Wow i had to stop myself from going into rant mode then about it.

:aok
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 06:15:57 AM by The Fury »
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »
Killing Habu55 then listening to him whine on 200 is pretty funny.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 09:13:31 AM »
Ooooh ooooh!  

We're 5 seconds from capping a base- all of a sudden a SWARM of LA7's up just as soon as the hangar is repaired.  

My poor goon never stood a chance.  

Go back in an effort to reestablish cap, but my Mustang is shot to shreds within seconds.

Finally, I'm getting pissed.  These guys are just gang tarding everything in site.

I grab a Spit XIV and take off, and charge after 'em, boring in, taking every shot I can.  Land hits on a bunch of 'em, get a kill for one, then the final one I'm chasing- down to bb's, get a couple of good hits...then winchester.

Blinded with rage, I cut the corner, pull up under him, and flip the left wing into his tail section.  

He goes down quickly, but I still have 1/2 a wing.  

Float crash land for a ditch.  MUA HA.
"You rebel scum"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 09:14:18 AM »
Back in AH1 days ... was in an La-7 myself, against another La-7, in a low speed luftberry about 50 feet off the ground in the middle of nowhere with no one else around.

We went around and around for what seemed like hours.

Stall horn in a constant buzz ... WEP screaming ... using every bit of rudder that I had to try and get an inside edge on him without stalling a wing.

Hands sweating ... heart thumpin' like mad ... who is going falter first was the game we were playing.

Finally it happened ... I see the "wobble" ... and he was forced to straighten it out else he would auger ... about 15 seconds later ... "You shot down MathMan".

Had Math been in his F6F ... the ending would have been different for sure.

Outside of that ... killing La-7s aren't really memorable ... no different than shooting down any other plane.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."