Author Topic: New way to get a victory..  (Read 4925 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
New way to get a victory..
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2007, 07:27:38 PM »
Whats obvious to many here about this conduct and being lost on the person in question, is the willingness to cheat in situations that have no consiqueces is a good indicator that this same person will cheat in real life where it matters.

This game is a preaty good canary to the person in questions value system governing all aspects of his life "at this point in time". I suspect as of yet he has not in his day to day life been caught and forced to suffer consiquences. Todays popular culture tends to encourage his conduct and then trun him into a hero for getting away with it.

Can anyone say barry bonds?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2007, 08:20:12 PM »
[/IMG]

:noid
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say IN

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2007, 08:35:04 PM »
Sketch nice work on the flames my favorite colors in them.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2007, 09:20:23 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
raider you look very cute, i thought you were a male, but hey, there is nothing wrong with female body builders, you go girl.

LOL bat when I started reading this post I was drinking soda when I finished reading it I was cleaning it off my screen LOL.

story- one time a while ago I was fighting with WPsniper(one of his old names) and we were on the same CH and 1 min later boom im dead "WPsniper shotyoudown" then one of wpsniper's squadies pm'd me and told me "he only switched to shoot you down". So this isnt the first time hes done this.
oh and 24 my best guess is "retarded73" or "iamaretard73" something like that.:lol
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:25:03 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
apology accepted
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2007, 09:59:33 PM »
Dispite all he has said and done in the past, on this board, and on the game, I will say he apologized for what he did via PM to me tonight.

I was young once, and remember the beatings I took for my over zealous mouth.  I hope that the verbal beatings he has taken here are enough that he can overcome his over abundent attitude before the real ones he is bound to encounter occur.  A lesson I wish I had learned sooner.

Personally, I will overlook, but not forget this issue.  In time I suspect he will realize it's not all about him...  Hopefully this realization will come before he crosses someone in RL that causes his parents expensive dental repair.

I can't stop others actions, but I would ask that we give the boy another oppertunity to clean up his act.  

Pac, something to think about...  

Some day you may want to go to a warbirds air show.  If it were today, and you knew that many AH2 players would be there, would you go knowing how people feel about you?

If that answer is no, then do what you need to do to make that a yes...

Not a sermon, just a thought...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2007, 10:07:13 PM »
in·teg·ri·ty  
–noun
1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

re·spect
-noun  
1. A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms -regard.
2. The state of being regarded with honor or esteem.
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

com·mu·ni·ty
-noun
1. a social group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists.

Being a functional, respected part of a community falls to the general integrity of a person.

Raider, I truly hope, one day, you can see that the above statement means more than your football, weightlifting and game stats ever will. The art of one-up-manship died when most of us left high school so it will fall on deaf ears (or eyes, in this case)

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2007, 12:42:37 AM »
Originally posted by Sketch
[/IMG]

oh... my... god! i saw this at 6:25 and was still laughing when i walked to the shop at 6:30

raider73, all your sins are fogiven because your posting a pic has resulted in the funniest photoshop i have seen all year.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Re: apology accepted
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2007, 01:59:46 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
Dispite all he has said and done in the past, on this board, and on the game, I will say he apologized for what he did via PM to me tonight.

I was young once, and remember the beatings I took for my over zealous mouth.  I hope that the verbal beatings he has taken here are enough that he can overcome his over abundent attitude before the real ones he is bound to encounter occur.  A lesson I wish I had learned sooner.

Personally, I will overlook, but not forget this issue.  In time I suspect he will realize it's not all about him...  Hopefully this realization will come before he crosses someone in RL that causes his parents expensive dental repair.

I can't stop others actions, but I would ask that we give the boy another oppertunity to clean up his act.  

Pac, something to think about...  

Some day you may want to go to a warbirds air show.  If it were today, and you knew that many AH2 players would be there, would you go knowing how people feel about you?

If that answer is no, then do what you need to do to make that a yes...

Not a sermon, just a thought...

Scca,
It's all noise dude. He has said things like that before & look at him now. He hasn't changed a bit & likely won't.
I can understand why his mom beats him.....ooops! did I say that? just forget that I said that.:O
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline traps

• Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2007, 02:01:47 AM »
so ummmm............. anyone know where I can get me some of them coooooooollll wrist bands???????

c'mon guys I gotta have 'em ....please ???

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2007, 02:15:11 AM »
Originally posted by traps
so ummmm............. anyone know where I can get me some of them coooooooollll wrist bands???????

c'mon guys I gotta have 'em ....please ???

LMFAO :rofl
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2007, 02:41:36 AM »
It's  INteresting to note that alot of time is spent on a 14 year old that appears to have no knowledge of what's right or wrong. :O

The easiest fix in the MA's is squelch and provide no help (check 6's and the like) until he begins to understand what community participation is all about. :aok

What amazes me the most is I find it hard to believe someone with this mentality can be a part of a football team. Kinda makes you wonder about the truth of that. Somehow I can't believe this is what a Coach would teach. :rolleyes:

Ren

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2007, 02:55:23 AM »
INcredible!  Raider, you keep doing this to yourself.  You talk about respect, honor, and fair play but you DON'T have a clue at what those things are.  

You start a thread and then when it goes against you, you resort to saying you don't care and then apologize a few posts later!  See a pattern here?

I was willing to give you a second chance, but after this, I'm done with it.  You kinda remind me of Revor.  Any relation?:rolleyes:

Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2007, 03:56:06 AM »
From my end I was glad to hear the young man offered an apology to SCCA.

He is only 14 how stupid were we all at 14. The apology to me means maybe he is learning. Maybe.

I dont think so much people care about getting blown up its more about personal integrity which was lacking in this case.

I do have to say I am quite glad he posted the guns pick, the photoshop by Sketch made reading this theread worth the time..

Sketch wtg man that was funny!!!!

:aok :rofl

BTW: Im not down with the "IN" crowd on this one. Sometimes Skuzzy in his infinate wisdom allows these to remain open a while as a way of policing ourselves. Nothing like a little peer pressure to try and fix some of the lamer aspects of gaming the game. That and the fact he may also find some humor in the "I cant hear you pic":rofl :D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2007, 04:51:57 AM »
Originally posted by Sketch
[/IMG]

I bet this is the theme music running in his head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZDG6__Zfc
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 04:56:30 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4