Author Topic: Save controller map.  (Read 290 times)

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Save controller map.
« on: December 19, 2007, 06:31:35 PM »
I just changed a few thing on my ch stick and throttle.  I have done this a few time before and after each change I have to go into AH and re-map every button on the stick and throttle.  I wish it was possible to save these maps within AH, open them and just modify it for the new controls.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Save controller map.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:06:06 PM »
this is the very single reason I have not switched from my analog/game port Ch FighterStick/Pro Throttle/Pedal HOTAS set up, to the new USB versions......

the old gameport style had them 2 mb flash memory boards to where if you even unplugged the stick and set it away for a while  when you plugged it back in all was the same as when you unplugged it.

I hated it when CH Products dropped the on board memory in the controllers and went to USB.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Save controller map.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:15:34 PM »
It's not the unplugging.  I unplug my stick and throttle every day because I play AH on a desk that I work on.  The problem is changing something with the CH control manager and downloading the new map to the stick.  When you do this all the setup in AH disappears and I have to remap every button within AH.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Save controller map.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »
Hi Carwash,

I know of your dilema.

What is going on is that when you make a map in CH CM then start AH, AH will read the CH map (map is setup in Directx within Windows) which will have all buttons & axis as it read them upon startup. When you assign the map assignments within AH they are saved in the copy of the CH CM map that AH saves within the Settings folder in AH. As long as you don't change the CH CM map within CH CM, all will stay assigned.

But if you change any assignments in the CH CM map & load them into the HOTAS then startup AH, AH will see that the CH CM map has been changed & will then not use the copy of the CH CM map that was previously saved in AH, thus you will have to reassign all ingame settings to the "new" map.

Been there, done that.

What I do now is setup & load a map in CH CM for AH that I will not change, thus AH will not do this to you when it starts up. I then make all "changes" within the game itself which are saved to this map--no more problems.

Look within the Programs/HTC/AH/Settings folder, you should see a file named chcontrolmanagerdevice1.jsm (if you have mapped all your CH controllers as 1 controller--as I have)--you'll see what I'm talking about. Just open it in Notepad. This is the file that AH is using to setup your controllers within the game when AH starts up.

Hope this helps.

:)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:41:12 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd