Author Topic: Tiger Attack In S.F.!  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Druss

• Copper Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« on: December 25, 2007, 10:53:34 PM »
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071226/D8TOTLP80.html

No jokes from me on this thread guys.

Seems a tiger escaped from the San Francisco zoo and attacked three men. One was was killed and the other two in critical but stable condition. The zoo people don't know how long the tiger had been at large and the three men were attacked outside the zoo cafe.

WOW!:eek:

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:46:11 PM »
It's sad that the tiger had to be killed for... well, for being a tiger.  I suppose the victim will sue the zoo, since the zoo has an obligation to keep their dangerous critters safely locked up.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:23:07 AM »
Human sucks. Tiger get captured and caged for life....manage to
escape and then gets killed for escaping and attacking the humans
that captured it.

anyway
i have visitor and we plan to go there tomorrow
one dilemma 12 gauge shotgun or assault riffle as addition to my photographic gear......

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:57:25 AM »
Originally posted by eagl
It's sad that the tiger had to be killed for... well, for being a tiger.  I suppose the victim will sue the zoo, since the zoo has an obligation to keep their dangerous critters safely locked up.

It's sad that the tiger was killed, but it's not sad that the tiger killed someone?

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 01:22:59 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
that captured it.

anyway
one dilemma 12 gauge shotgun or assault riffle as addition to my photographic gear......
Take both; one for you and one for your friend, :aok

Offline AGM65

• Zinc Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 02:43:51 AM »
that captured it.

anyway

Flashbang or pineapple would be more like it.

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 05:47:49 AM »
If you try to flashbang a tiger, you deserve your fate.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 08:25:11 AM »
Originally posted by Benny Moore
It's sad that the tiger was killed, but it's not sad that the tiger killed someone?

Did he say that?
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 09:28:26 AM »
This is the second time that tiger escaped...... if the zoo gets sued.. so be it.
Those that keep wild animal should keep the animals in a safe place, safe for the animal itself and any humans in the vacinity.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 09:44:39 AM »
Originally posted by eagl

A newscaster was quite shocked when she reported that once the Tiger got free, the very first thing that it did was to go HUNTING!!!   And the only thing around that was meaty to bite were humans, unfortunately.   These animals by instinct want to feed on living prey, and feeding them pieces of meat is really such an unnatural thing to do to them.   That, plus being couped up in a little display area.

I don't think that the Tiger really wanted revenge on humans.   It just wanted to be a predator, as God intended it to be.

The Siberian Tiger is the most endangered big predator in the whole world, and this one was a female, that could have reproduced.   So it is indeed a sad loss.

Two police cars with 4 officers in them arrived at the scene very quickly.   Once they were able to distract the Tiger and get if off its third victim, all four officers opened fire on the Tiger with their Glock 22 pistols chambered in the .40 S&W cartridge.   It is not known at this time how many bullets were shot into the Tiger by the four policemen.  Most likely, it was quite a few.

The man that died was 23, so on average, he should have expected to have lived at least another 53 years.  A lawyer should thus be able to get a nice big settlement for his family, as the Zoo will need to replace all of the income that he could have earned during the rest of his life.

The two surviving men are 18 and 19, and they were both badly maimed in the head.   Tigers often go for the head and neck of their prey.  They will no doubt  be badly scarred  for life.   They will probably be able to sue for a lot of money too.

The best thing for the city of San Francisco to do at this point is to close down the Zoo, and sell the land to real estate developers.

SIG 220

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 09:58:01 AM »
Originally posted by SIG220

The best thing for the city of San Francisco to do at this point is to close down the Zoo, and sell the land to real estate developers.

SIG 220

WHAT??????????

Do you close highways and sell land cuz someone die on it?

They are closed today :( anyone know how is Oakland zoo compared to SF?

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »
WHAT??????????

He was probably only talking from the financial standpoint ~ since this particular cat attacked in the past & will now be the reason the zoo will be paying out some heavy cash to the families of those killed/injured.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 10:11:21 AM »
Tiger got only 1 kill/sortie and k/d sucs too.

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »
WHAT??????????

Oakland Zoo is ok as far as zoos go. Not quite as nice as the SF zoo, a little more cagey feeling.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Tiger Attack In S.F.!
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »
The fact that tigers are roaming the streets of San Francisco is CLEAR evidence that the liberal outrages of that city have reached a breaking point.  

Case in point, there are now infinitely more tiger attacks in San Francisco than in moral cities like Provo, UT, Arlington, TX, and Oklahoma City, OK.  

Somebody's calling with a message, folks.  Who's going to be brave enough to pick up the phone?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis