Author Topic: Films  (Read 383 times)

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Films
« on: December 29, 2007, 07:30:24 PM »
If you want to save and make a film for family/friends/geeks/etc and want to save and compress it in a format that just about everyone can view, what format do you compress it to?

Assuming that most folks will use Windows Media Player or something similar.

Thank you in advance for your help.  Please do not move this to some dink-folder because if an oldtimer doesn't know this the new folks won't either.

68ROX

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Films
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »
I guess your best choice would be .wmv
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Films
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »
If you use windows movie maker, it will give you options when you turn it into a movie, select best play on this computer and you won't have any troubles.

Don

If you want to let everyone see it, ie -family or whomever, when you save it to utube, they don't have to D/load it and you don't have to zip it, utube will convert it to thier format when you up load it so you don't have to worry about it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:55:34 PM by yanksfan »
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Films
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:36:45 AM »
In short, I've always been a fan of WMV over Divx.  Plus for the PC impaired, they won't have to worry about dling Divx codecs.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either