Author Topic: Friendly Lock option for the new guys  (Read 431 times)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Friendly Lock option for the new guys
« on: December 28, 2007, 01:14:32 AM »
Hey NEWBS :D

Here is a useful tool to use in the Training Arena (TA).

<>
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:43:53 AM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 01:37:49 AM »
Doesn't work on enemy targets, but good for practice. I don't think the crosshairs show up in the MA, but you have killshooter there anyway.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 01:42:10 AM »
Correct.

It is GREAT practice in the Training Arena (TA) before you go to the MA even for longtime AH vets.

The cross hairs will not show up in the MA but you can try this:

Ctrl + Tab, Tab, F11

This will track your opponent.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:26 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Doesn't work on enemy targets, but good for practice. I don't think the crosshairs show up in the MA, but you have killshooter there anyway.

In the TA it certainly does work on enemy planes. You do not need to Ctrl-tab though, just hit tab and it locks up a enemy. You need to enable friendly Lock only if targeting friendlies.
Another note, if you want to differentiate between the two green crosses, takeoff  with a drop tank and select that for 2ndary weapon. You will then only see the + for the primary weapon. To only see the + for 2ndary you need to expend all primary gun ammo I believe.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54