Author Topic: X52 goes wacky  (Read 857 times)

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
X52 goes wacky
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by Getback
Wax, I think I saw you up. So I guess you got it fixed, Great.

Just to let you know what happened to me, I downloaded the SST program and immediately had the same problem. Deleted it and recalibrated and it was gone.

Nope still having the problem.. Its happens all the time. Some times I can go a 1/2hr or so than it happens.. I Also tryed a new X52 stick I went out and bought today. And it still is happening. So I assume its on my OS. I ordered a new HD and OS and will run only the game off of it. I hope that solves the problem. I shall see..Thx for your help guys:D
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
X52 goes wacky
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
My gut feeling is that it's a bad contact.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
X52 goes wacky
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
I have the regular X52. The J stick would stop working. All the lights went out. Plug it in etc and it would work. After awhile that didn't help. Took it back and got a new one. Problem solved.

INF>

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
X52 goes wacky
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »
How do you know if your running it through a powered usb hub?

donkey
2sBlind

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
X52 goes wacky
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »
One must buy a powered USB hub (approx $20) at Best Buy, etc.  It usually has a cord that plugs into your PC and on the other end is a "box" that you can plug 4 or more USB items into.  What makes it powered is that it also has an external plug (for the wall) and that is where it it gets the power.

All USB items derive their power from the same plug as they send/recieve data from, therefore they (the USB items) are an added draw on your PC's power supply.  Using a powered USB hub eliminates this extra power consumption from your PC's power supply and, in most instances, makes your computer and USB peripherals much happier.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline sidey

• Zinc Member
X52 goes wacky
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »
great thread learnt alot,, however i have a different issue with these Stinktek X52's   mine locks up the hat switches intermittently... i can be playing for hours when all of a sudden the top piece (cobras head shaped part) hatswitches and other sundry blue buttons with 2nd safe button,, all lock up  even the rotating mode toggle.. its killing me literally...

im ready to change stik brand and throw this heap of watermelon at something hard

DAMN U TO HELL SAITEK.......
~~RAW PRAWNS~~

"No Thrills for the Cautious"

Offline TMAW

• Zinc Member
X52 goes wacky
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
I found at times that the X52 joystick would lock up and not work. I noticed it only happened when I got up from my desk and walked around, then sat down and touched the joy stick it was dead.
What happens is there's a static discharge between the pinky switch and your hand. It happens mainly during the winter months when the humidity in the house is very low.  
It wasn't until I received a major spark that I figured it out.

TMAW

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: X52 goes wacky
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 03:24:43 PM »
Bumped for extreme usefulness (sorry Skuzzy... :o)
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 04:54:03 PM »
I really don't know why I've never had these issues :( As hard as I try I cannot get my Saitek gear to miss a beat. :cry
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 05:10:43 PM »
How do you know if your running it through a powered usb hub?

donkey

Because you would have plugged the powered hub in.  :P

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »
I was having similar problems, especially the Z axis. Saitek sent me these instructions, seemed to have worked. Still lose calibration and get spikes now and then, but recalibration seems to knock it out. Hope it might help.

To recalibrate, first unplug the stick.

Go to start/run and type   regedit.

The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on Vista)
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
Media Properties
Private Properties
Direct Input

Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.

Once done, close the editor. Plug the stick back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.

Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 06:57:15 AM »
Wax you running with onboard sound?

Getting microfreeze in game with guns firing is NOT an OS issue, its either a driver/sound card issue, or your running onboard sound, and firing the guns is robbing your CPU cycles.

The fact that its screwing your controller at the same time sounds like a conflict.