Author Topic: Honor Code for AH ?  (Read 3433 times)

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2008, 12:24:19 PM »
Seems to be good in late war you have to be more skilled in avoiding the perchers, pickers, vulchers, gangers b&z'ers  then actually be skilled in angles fighting.  I don't know.....What do you think you have to be good at, to be good in the MA?
Jay12

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
Wow
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2008, 12:35:30 PM »
I must admit I have broken this so called code and also honored it as well probably about 50/50 depends on situation of play . I have ho'd and I have not ho'd , killed guys in chutes , and killed guys from my chute with 45 auto.
 If a guy/gal turns the tables on me and shoots me down then he/she has shown ability and skill , so why should I be an arse ( everybody and I mean everybody loses , so at least be a man/woman about it and admit defeat ) you can always up again and go get'em , its the beauty of this game for $ 15.oo bucks a month you can do as you please. Respect other folks , ask before you leap into 1 on 1s , check your countrys pilots 6's , and generally be a decent person and enjoy play , have fun , and enjoy .
 As Always A Nutte
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2008, 12:37:51 PM »
"If a guy comes to your base and kills you a few times, don't up an LA7 and run him down when he's out of ammo or has a wounded bird. Accept the fact that he beat you and let him fly home and give him a "

LOL! Nah, I'll run down a vulcher anytime.

Truly, this game should have the same online honor code as any other MMOG.

And that is as follows:

There, got it?

+ points for thread re-hashing Civil War, that's a new one.

IIRC, we did manage to work out once that game players in Tokyo should not be referred to as Japs, Nips, or Zips.

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »
Originally posted by Rebel
**Edited for content**

as an ancestor to some who fought for the south, it is in incredibly bad taste to go off about a subject I"m this passionate about.  If you wish to continue the civil war debate, please contact me via pm.  I'm not going to dishonor my grandfathers in that kind of fashion.  

sorry to all who have read what I had up here before.

Regarding the "justifications" for behaviors that are considered "in bad taste"- I simply stand by my point that I had given tactical points and situations in which they're acceptable.   Didn't mean to say shoot a chute that's 15 miles from the nearest base- that's just being a jerk, for example.
i only shoot shoot if the person bailed before i even had a chance to shoot him and he wasnt even hit before aka he is a f@g  and doesnt want somone to get a kill on him
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2008, 01:35:40 PM »
Originally posted by trigger2
Not true, as said by a WWI pilot, "It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."

— Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC, 13 victories W.W.I.

there's a code of conduct? Gee everytime I get wounded and head for home I get some noob chasing me down in an La7.

So much for the code huh? Actually i've read many accounts and it wasn't a "code" because half pilots believed it, other half different.

one such code during ww1 was when a rear gunner was killed on a recon plane generally you would let the pilot go home, since the plane couldn't defend himself, it wasn't a worthy target. However many pilots such as Herman Goring did infact finish off the aircraft as Manfred von Richthofen once said "A victory is a victory" Richthofen was eventually shot down where as Goring wasn't.

Code can be precieved in many ways since some people believe it was their ticket to a certain knighthood back in ww1.

I however had to many times when I was hurt and trying to RTB only to get shot down by some La pissed off he got hacked 4-5 times in fair fight only to get me when im at a severe disadvantage. I.e Grant100 did it to me, my engine was out and oil on my screen tryin to land he picked me.
Worse he had 2 friendlies chase him half a sector before he seen me and dove on me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 01:43:46 PM by Adonai »

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »
Oh please, of course shoot the chute....not my fault they're not smart
enough to .ef
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
I've seen some silly stuff on 200 in the LWMAs of late...

One guy porks our ordnance with a Typhoon. He dives through a dozen fighters to do his porking. Under the circumstances, this was justified as his country was outnumbered by almost 50%. Anyway, he is being chased by several guys and I see his dot heading in my general direction. I spot him and chase him with my 109G-14. He's out of WEP and can't escape. He turns to maneuver as I close to 1k. He ends up getting raked by the mob chasing him for 10 minutes. He tries to maneuver, but I'm positioned perfectly and he gets a 30mm in the ear at 100 yards. He then cries on 200 about being ganged. I pointed out that he elected to fly into the mob, and may have gotten away but for my ambush. "The fate of the porker". You roll the dice...

Another fellow I have encountered a lot flies a 190D-9 and specializes in strafing ordnance as well. Over two days, I shot him down at least 7 times. The first few times, I simply positioned myself to intercept his reversal. When he persisted, I simply climbed out and waited for him.

Marveling at his inability to show even a hint of willingness or ability to fight, I stated on 200 that "if you were anymore lame, you'd need a wheelchair."

He complained that I was "picking" him. Picking? You'd have to be in a fight to be picked by a third party. He wasn't picked, he was expunged. He came once again. I was up in a Spit16 (gets to altitude pronto) and spotted him Co-alt in his Dora. He dived and attempted to run. I angled across and slid in 600 yards behind. I fired a burst, getting hits and starting a fuel leak. He made no effort to evade, other than to keep the throttle firewalled. The range remained steady at 600 yards. I was about to shoot again, but changed my mind. I pulled off and climbed towards my field, sending a and "take it home." He didn't make it though... I still got the kill.

Sometimes, it's quite amusing in the MA.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
He dived and attempted to run. I angled across and slid in 600 yards behind. I fired a burst, getting hits and starting a fuel leak. He made no effort to evade, other than to keep the throttle firewalled.

Deja vu! :lol

One of these guys ran a sector and a half and down 10kft to escape, and when I shot him down in his home base AAA with all his teammates breathing down my neck (his engine still running), his excuse was that he had too little fuel.
About half of these guys, though, just extend forever without any ACM at all except for a few floppy fishes and inverted barrels.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 01:57:29 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honor Code for AH ?
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
I'm crazy? It was you sir that made a justification for every single form of bad behavior the occurs in AH! Or were you referring to my calling confederate Generals traitors? If so consider the following:

Most General Officers (including R.E. Lee who was number 1 in his West Point class) in the confederate Army (the lack of capitalization is intentional) had been comissioned in the United States Army proir to the "Southern Insurrection"

When comissioned all took an oath to protect and defend the United States from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic...

They then took up arms against the same country that they had sworn to protect, After an attack on a U.S. Army post in South Carolina, that took place when most were active duty U.S. Army officers!

I don't know about you but to me that is a textbook definition of a traitor.

Is the confederate Officer corps actions THAT much different that the actions of Congressional libs declaring that the war in Iraq is lost while our soldiers are fighting (and dying) there? If that doesn't give aid and comfort to the enemy (look up sedition) then what does?

I stand by my remarks.

Actually you couldnt be more wrong, this type of comment comes from a lack of understanding regarding certain aspects of U.S. history. In the end the civil war was really about the clarification of the rights of the individual states. This had been an ongoing "Debate" since the forming of the nation with many of our founding fathers clearly on the side of the individual states and others favoring broader "national" powers.

Both Lee and Jackson were Virginians first and formost and clearly viewed their primary loyalty to the state, not the union. Once Virginia left the Union it was a clear and honorable obligation for both to leave US military service. Had Virginia remained nuetral neither would have fought for the south either. The same can be said for other confederates. This was an issue that cut to the heart of what the union itself ment.

As close an anology as is possible today would be US forces serving in a United Nations action. If the U.S. withdrew from the UN (or lests say NATO) would US forces follow the presidents orders or the UN's?

At that time under those circumstances just about every major figure in the revolutionary war would have followed the choice of his state...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson