Author Topic: 3 kills 2 turns  (Read 533 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
3 kills 2 turns
« on: January 02, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »
I've been playing with the 190 A8 and figured I'd make a film from this. Killed 2 spit 16's and 1 Ki-84 in two turns. Then I ran home like a little girl (was a total of 5 cons). I also killed a 190D at my field bringing the sortie total to 4 kills, but it's not in this film.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/153822.html
"strafing"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
3 kills 2 turns
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:18:18 PM »
It's not exactly a bad ride. You'll notice nobody was specifically targetting you (other than the initial HO). Once they DO start, it's hard to survive.

I'd also suggest you fly it with only 2x 20mm guns. It saves several hundred pounds of weight and it flies a little more like an A-5. Just a suggestion, so you can feel how it flies with different loadouts. I'm partial to the 30mm load m'self (yes, even when going against fighters!).

The real question is....

Where you using my blue-nosed JG5 skin? I only saw the wing briefly, but it looked familiar.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
3 kills 2 turns
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
Well I've found if I burn the forward tank first it turns fairly well. In this film I wasn't really in a fight was just a few picks, but though it was cool 2 get 3 kills that fast.

I have some other films with me dogfighting in it and it does quite well IMO. You just have to take advantage of it's fast roll rather than sharp turns. I've out turned a few spits and many other planes on the deck by turning smarter then them. It just all in how you use the plane IMO.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:08:28 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
3 kills 2 turns
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »
Burn the aft tank first. Leave it on auto.

Your instability is created because the CoG is too far aft. Burning the front tank worsens this. If you burn either tank, the resulting loss of weight makes the plane feel a lot better. However, the stability at that point is dictated by which tank you burn. Leave it on auto, except burn your AUX before your DT (if you take full fuel).

EDIT: Take a centerline 500kg bomb, 100% fuel. Climb over target to 10k. Burn off all your front tank. Dive on target, release bomb, pull out about 2k. You will rip your wings off. Do the same but burn off the REAR tank instead of the front, and you don't rip your wings off. It's because the CoG is behind the wings, and pulling up stresses the wings more because the pivot point has shifted.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:45:13 PM by Krusty »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
3 kills 2 turns
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 05:49:28 PM »
When I do that I don't burn all the front tank first. I ofcourse burn the Aux then I typically burn the Front tank down by 50% then I switch back to auto. It seems like the plane flys much better.

I'll have to give it a go back on auto to see if it makes much diffrence. As that could be why I've ripped the wings off a few times. I never had it happen until I started buring the front tank first. I jusdt ripped half a wing off today and it didn't seem like I was going too fast.
"strafing"

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
3 kills 2 turns
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »
Loved the film quality!:aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
3 kills 2 turns
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 06:21:22 PM »
Nice film, what sound pack do you have, those are beautiful sounds