Author Topic: warping and poor frame rates  (Read 531 times)

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
warping and poor frame rates
« on: January 01, 2008, 06:49:42 AM »
we spent a few hours in there last night and we all encountered folks warping all over the place and very low frame rates.  We had to switch over to the Mid War Arena because of it and none of us had any frame rate issues in there.  Anyone know what the problem was last night?
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 08:31:50 AM »
I was getting really bad FR hits by midway I had to turn my settings down all the way just to take off.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: warping and poor frame rates
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 09:16:53 AM »
Originally posted by lutrel
we spent a few hours in there last night and we all encountered folks warping all over the place and very low frame rates.  We had to switch over to the Mid War Arena because of it and none of us had any frame rate issues in there.  Anyone know what the problem was last night?

Oldboy and I experienced a FR hit during the time we were on, too.  I suspect it has more to do with New Years Eve internet issues than with the map or HTC, because we haven't had problems with this setup before last night.

- oldman

Offline meandog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 10:40:37 AM »
yes there has been a prob in there b4. I have had some warping probs in there for about a week. Sometime it's not very bad then all at once BAM then it clears up for awhile. Was thinking it was prob just me so I never asked. Wasn't on last night so I have no account for that.

I also have what may be a vid prob but gonna ask anyway....at times I get what seems to be like layers of lines on screen and are more seen when pulling g's. Sometimes it's so bad that the con I am trailing disappears behind the layers. Any thoughts?

The Avenger Dog

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 11:22:12 PM »
There is a Frame rate hit around the islands of Midway, however it should not be too severe. I have a low end machine but the frame rate hit isn't enough to effect anything.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 12:03:47 AM »
I was having warping probs tonight... warping, not FR probs. I get steady 60 at all times, but the Net Status was a mess.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 03:05:42 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor
There is a Frame rate hit around the islands of Midway, however it should not be too severe. I have a low end machine but the frame rate hit isn't enough to effect anything.

55 to about 3 here.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
TK, do you have your system specs handy?
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 09:19:26 AM »
My frame rates were dropping down to around 6 or 7 frames per second and never got above 13 or so frames all night in there.  Like I said before, we all moved into one of the main arenas and none of us had anymore problems.  So it almost has to have something to do with that map or particular server.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 09:32:30 AM »
Whats the "Run" command for sys specs?
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »
Strange, I run about 35 on average in the MAs with the high resolution pack. Lowest I've ever dropped on Midway was 17 (that was with every possible building/ammo/fuel barrack on fire pouring smoke out)

Offline bkwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.avengersonline.com/index.html
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »
No frame rate problem here but Warp big time...one sec the cons in my sight then a little studder and he's on my six:O (and not just because of my crappy flying:huh !!) Just that quick, timewarp
Bkwolf
~Avengers~
AVA Axis

Currently MIA