Author Topic: The wierd nose down roll n00bs use  (Read 733 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
The wierd nose down roll n00bs use
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »
Have a situation I would like some advice on.  I have trouble hitting my target while they do this, but it never really saves them but it does waste some of my ammo and a lot of my time.  I will drop with a lot of E onto the six of a p51, la7, or another fast bird that the pilot is expecting to be able to just outrun me with and once the pilot has realized I will be getting a shot they do something odd.  They aren't starting a scirssors or barrel roll but will roll and then push their stick forward and then roll again and repeat.  They never get away doing this but it frustratingly enough throws off my aim.  Most times now I'll wait till they've pulled it a few times and have obviously disoriented as the stop doing it and unload the g's for a second; probably trying to catch sight of me again.

Any tips for how to end these fights faster?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: The wierd nose down roll n00bs use
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »
Originally posted by bongaroo
Have a situation I would like some advice on.  I have trouble hitting my target while they do this, but it never really saves them but it does waste some of my ammo and a lot of my time.  I will drop with a lot of E onto the six of a p51, la7, or another fast bird that the pilot is expecting to be able to just outrun me with and once the pilot has realized I will be getting a shot they do something odd.  They aren't starting a scirssors or barrel roll but will roll and then push their stick forward and then roll again and repeat.  They never get away doing this but it frustratingly enough throws off my aim.  Most times now I'll wait till they've pulled it a few times and have obviously disoriented as the stop doing it and unload the g's for a second; probably trying to catch sight of me again.

Any tips for how to end these fights faster?

30mm cannon ... if your carrying one ... else there is no solution for the "stick stirrers" of AH. You just have to hang in there and wait/time your shot for a good solid landing of many rounds. If there are many bogeys around, ya got to let him go or you expose yourself to getting bounced too.

If I have the time, I shoot small bursts to just ping them, causing them to stir even more. What they don't realize is that the more they stir, the slower they get ... and the closer I get, the more rounds will hit home no matter how much they stir the stick.

Sometimes, the small pings add up, and begin to weaken the aircraft frame. Nothing funnier than to see the stirrer make a violent move and watch a wing separate from the fuselage and then plummet to a dirt nap.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
You're on the right track.  If he does this he's obviously not going to be able to run away, but he also isn't smart enough to turn his E burning into an overshoot.  He's just tyring to make you miss and hope he can get away.  

Don't waste your ammo, let him do this a few times and stay off the trigger.  Cut throttle to stay on him until he is close, and simply wait for him to run out of E that he's just hanging there and can't do this noobish maneuver.  When he's nice and still, then open up on him.  Boom.

Offline Gulp

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 03:21:01 PM »
Quit shooting at me and let me run away:D

Aspen

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 09:52:54 AM »
appreciate the tips, I guess as I suspected there isn't much to be done but to wait them out.  What a boring way for these people to play the game.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 04:13:40 PM »
I know we have fought few times. I sometimes do that move but usually I'll try to turn away (doesn't work half the time lol). When I do come across someone who does this, I'll either go vert for another pass or wait it out. Now and then I'll aim for the wings but that is just what I do.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 10:36:46 PM »
Originally posted by bongaroo
appreciate the tips, I guess as I suspected there isn't much to be done but to wait them out.  What a boring way for these people to play the game.

look at the bright side......they could fly straight at ya and try to HO ya......:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)