Author Topic: Sheriff Joe Is At It Again  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Sheriff Joe Is At It Again
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 07:40:30 PM »
"Norberg’s parents filed a lawsuit against Joe Arpaio and his office. The lawsuit was settled for $8.25 million (USD) following a highly contentious legal battle. Despite vowing to never settle, the case quickly closed after it was disclosed the Sheriff's office had destroyed key evidence in the case."

Interesting that he preaches so highly against the criminals and likes to put small-timers in jail, but then goes to destroy evidence in a case of manslaughter.

Why does he stand for the guards who allegedly have mistreated prisoners? They've broken the law and you got to be tough on crime.

I wouldn't vote for a man who doesn't follow the principles he preaches to the others.

The more I read about him the more his psychological profile appears to be a psychopath.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:59:41 PM by Fishu »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 08:03:08 PM »
Originally posted by moot
So now Arpajo is a good guy ?  You guys don't know the whole story...
Like personaly watching two of his goons suffocate some high school football jock that happened to pass through one of his prisons.

Dont do anything to end up in jail and you wont be placed at risk of this kind of thing happening

Originally posted by bongaroo
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

Some feel that Sheriff Arpaio's actions are based less on a desire to serve the public and to lower crime, but on demagoguery and grandstanding that hurt the public welfare. Amnesty International issued a report critical of the treatment of inmates in Maricopa County facilities[7].

Criticism has resulted due to lawsuits filed against the sheriff’s office by family members of inmates who died in jail custody and in highspeed pursuits involving deputies. The lawsuits have cost Maricopa County more than $13.7 million in settlement claims. By mid-year 2007 more than $50 million in claims had been filed against the sheriffs office and Maricopa County.

so with all his savings he's running up a mighty high lawsuit settlement bill :confused:

And "Amnesty International "
Has legal jurisdiction over exactly what again?

Nothing more then professional complainers

Again. Dont do anything that might land you in prison and you dont have to worry about being mistreated while your there.

Like the song goes.
dont dot he crime if you cant do the time.

No pity party for prisoners here.
Im still in favor of places like devils island and prisoners being forced to make little rocks out of big rocks by haand.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:05:56 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Re: Scum
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

Like personaly watching two of his goons suffocate some high school football jock that happened to pass through one of his prisons.

Link? Or are you just a propagandist?

Here's your football jock:

Norberg was arrested for chasing two young girls in Mesa. Reportedly high on methamphetamine, he was accused of attacking the jail Detention Officers who were trying to restrain him. In the subsequent struggle and restraint he died.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:12:30 PM by SteveBailey »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 08:47:09 PM »
"Accused".  
And I've seen Arpajo myself, and seen him be good buddies with scumbags equal to himself..  I know an ******* reading on my ******* meter when I see it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 09:35:57 PM »
"Accused".  

Except the part where meth was found in his urine.  Your "football jock" was a meth addict. I don't mind if you disagree with me but at least have the integrity to be honest.

Tell ya what, if you don't like the way the inmates are treated, feel free to foot the bill for their cable TV and prime rib.  Me, I'd like to think that inmates will try to clean up their acts because staying in jail is a miserable experience.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »
So was the guy picked up on while already on meth and dead before it wore off? Or was he in the slammer, got some meth while incarcerated and then died?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 10:13:11 PM »
That is a great idea by Sheriff Joe.  The only problem I could forsee is that the jail turnover rate would be very high (due to prisoners being released), requiring constant training of the prisoners in animal care.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »
Steve, do we even get into his illegal immigration policies? :lol

You nancy's that are complaining about a tough Sheriff, well, stay out of his jail and you wont have to worry about it. Joe saves the county millions of dollars and is able to spend some of that savings equipping his patrol force with up to date equipment that helps them do their job effectively and safely. Well done Joe!

I love this......
"With Temperatures Being Even Hotter
Than Usual In Phoenix
(116 Degrees Just Set A New Record)."

I'm a native of this valley. This year was certainly not any hotter than normal. I recall many 118 days and vividly recall the infamous 122 day. Don't like the heat? Don't commit a crime.

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »
I'm not complaining about his dealing with scum criminals.. Takes one to know and know how to deal with one.  I'm not complaining about anything but the law being broken by none other than the sheriff himself...
He broke the law when he killed that kid.  It's no excuse that you're Sheriff Arpajo if you're killing people without following due process.. That meth addict wasn't "my" football jockey. I'm not siding with either what he did nor what those prisoners are getting from Arpajo.  
I just know what I've heard from nearly everyone in Phx, and have seen myself. We can talk in this forum and call Giuliani and co. for the two face crooks they are, but not call this rotten sheriff for what he is?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 12:02:13 AM »
I'm not complaining about his dealing with scum criminals.. Takes one to know and know how to deal with one.  I'm not complaining about anything but the law being broken by none other than the sheriff himself...
He broke the law when he killed that kid.  It's no excuse that you're Sheriff Arpajo if you're killing people without following due process..

Not to forget that destroying evidence is a felony.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »

He broke the law when he killed that kid.  

Pssst he wasn't even in the building.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 12:55:08 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
"Norberg’s parents filed a lawsuit against Joe Arpaio and his office. The lawsuit was settled for $8.25 million (USD) following a highly contentious legal battle. Despite vowing to never settle, the case quickly closed after it was disclosed the Sheriff's office had destroyed key evidence in the case."

dude, you got this from Wikipedia.  Maybe in Candyland that is considered a reliable source, here in the real world we know it to be a lot of bias and fluff.

Edit:  it contains the same regurgiated propaganda from several other anti-Joe websites.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:59:28 AM by SteveBailey »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 12:58:00 AM »
Ok Steve, you know this how?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 12:59:43 AM »
Ok Steve, you know this how?

Verbatim

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 01:00:42 AM »
It's common to attack the source when you don't like what it's reporting.  But to mollify him, find a second source.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis