Author Topic: Sheriff Joe Is At It Again  (Read 2810 times)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Sheriff Joe Is At It Again
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2008, 05:28:02 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Oh, you mean when I called you a "gringo"?  But you are, so am I the last time I checked.  After all, "Gringo" is used in reference about someone's nationality not race.    

Though, I do have to give you a 6 out of 10 for trying to change the subject of this thread.  Next time though, try and put a little more emotion behind it and you may just pull off a perfect 10.

ack-ack

Gringo is racist... so is "cracker"  which you have used.
It's interesting you claim to be white.  A person who met you at one of the Cons described you as:  an unpleasant and quite short Phillipino looking sort.(his words, not mine)

Edit:  again, I'll not address you in this thread beyond the scope of your racism. You are beneath me.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2008, 05:28:16 PM »
wasn't bowie sick on a bed in the alamo when they killed him?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2008, 05:31:42 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn

Ref.: http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2687545&highlight=bighorn#post2687545

you made a conciliatory post after that so i let it slide. Are you hinting that doing so was a mistake?

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Would be great if you actually scrolled down in that document and look at the numbers instead of picking on headers only (gives different totals), besides, my numbers were for 2000-2006/7.

Well your logic is flawed.  Crime numbers  are bound to go up anywhere that the population goes up.  You are being deliberately misleading.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2008, 05:37:15 PM »
I believe the question regarding the stats was the stat about recidivism at that specific jail, not overall crime numbers.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2008, 05:41:23 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Gringo is racist... so is "cracker"  which you have used.
It's interesting you claim to be white.  A person who met you at one of the Cons described you as:  an unpleasant and quite short Phillipino looking sort.(his words, not mine)

Edit:  again, I'll not address you in this thread beyond the scope of your racism. You are beneath me.

Hmm...which Con?  I've only been to one AW Con and that was back in '98 and I attended as a CH Rep and the '98 WB Con, also attended as the CH Rep.  And turst me, with all the goodies I brought along with me to give away, I was probably one of the more popular and sought after people at both Cons.  Ask Stilleto, Torpedo, Vet, ZZ3, Quarters, Mouse, Dose or anyone that was actually at the 98 AW Con in SF.  Or any of the MOL members (my WB squad mates), Gunjam, Killer, Mouse (he was at both Cons, shot me down at both Cons too), Moonie, heck even Wild Bill bought me a couple of beers, though I did have to sit through his boring stories at the '98 WB Con.

Though, at 5'7", I do admit I'm rather on the short side, well at least average ^__^.

Oh, I don't claim to be white.  It's written on my birth certificate, says that I'm 100% caucasian baby!  ^__^

Though, having seen you on TV, I would be willing to venture if you and I were to go to East L.A. and and ask anyone to pick which one of us was the "Beener", you'd be picked 9 times out of 10.  You look far more "Hispanic" than I ever will.

Again, no offense intended but how can you be above anyone else when all you do is wallow in the gutter?

Nice try again on the thread hijack but it still needs more emotion but I will bump it up to 7 out of 10 on the hijack meter.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:06:28 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2008, 05:44:21 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Oh, I don't claim to be white.
ack-ack

hate to burst your close minded mind but I'm just as white as you are.

:aok :lol

Hmm...which Con?

Honestly I do not remember.  This conversation was before I realized how much you disliked white people so, at the time, I held you in high regard and told the person  I didn't want to hear anymore derogatory things about you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:57:24 PM by SteveBailey »

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »
Well your logic is flawed.  Crime numbers  are bound to go up anywhere that the population goes up.  You are being deliberately misleading.
Misleading?

For comparison, Phoenix metro had about same increase in population as the rest of the county (21% vs 23%), but crime rate has increased by 1% since 2000 as opposed to 12.7% in rest of the Maricopa county.

Roughly same demographics, different crime stats... PPD vs Arpaio.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »
Misleading?

Yes misleading.  Do they report crimes the same way?

Edit:   Have you posted a link to your source?  If you have, and I missed it,  I apologize.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:56:09 PM by SteveBailey »

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »
Originally posted by bongaroo
well try this on for size.  truthfully tell me you have never gone over the speed limit once and then i won't call you a criminal, criminal :D

Speeding is not a criminal offense, until you are cited for being 20 MPH(in AZ) over the limit

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »
Do they report crimes the same way?
Uniform Crime Reporting Standards...

Both, PHX PD and Maricopa County are voluntarily reporting by those standards.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »
Edit:   Have you posted a link to your source?  If you have, and I missed it,  I apologize.

http://phoenix.gov/POLICE/ucrhistpart1v.pdf
http://phoenix.gov/POLICE/ucrhistpart1p.pdf

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2008, 06:01:01 PM »
Thanks for the links.  I'm having trouble finding the County to PPD comparison.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I really can't find it.  will you help me, please?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
Originally posted by bongaroo
well try this on for size.  truthfully tell me you have never gone over the speed limit once and then i won't call you a criminal, criminal :D

nice stretch there Mr rubberband man, what i said was to stop calling people that enter this country without permission "immigrants', they are criminals, you want to classify them the same as the real immigrants that have come to this country the legal way.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
Thanks for the links.  I'm having trouble finding the County to PPD comparison.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I really can't find it.  will you help me, please?

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/ANNUAL_REPORT/PDF/ar2006.pdf
page 23
http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/ANNUAL_REPORT/PDF/ar2001.pdf
page 18-19
http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/ANNUAL_REPORT/PDF/ar2000.pdf
page 18

Earlier stats are by Fiscal year instead of Calender year, so you'll have to do some math. Maricopa county FY is from july to july

Crime stats also here: http://www.maricopa.gov/Budget/BudgetDocument.aspx
Warning: each Business Strategies Report is several hundreds page long, but you'll find all kinds of useful data....