Author Topic: Two air-race .ahf's with maps from past  (Read 503 times)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Two air-race .ahf's with maps from past
« on: November 17, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »
Hi

Two air-race .ahf films with maps from other side of the fence:
http://warezhouze.1g.fi/Here/AH/vids/Aces%20High%20II%20airracing.zip

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
Good times in your server Xjazz.

I remember we had the 2 lap race w/ La7s with a fuel burn of 10. Those were a blast.
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »
Just a shameless plug.

Non-custom-map air races hosted by the CM Team in the SEA Server at 10PM EST on Tuesdays. See the lowest forum or ahevents.org for details.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Just a shameless plug.

Non-custom-map air races hosted by the CM Team in the SEA Server at 10PM EST on Tuesdays. See the lowest forum or ahevents.org for details.

No, I'm a bit shame behalf of that 'extreme gruppe' of yours... At least come up with some pictures or films, if you try to hijack my topic.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »
Oh Don't Mind OOZ, he's always crabby. Yet he'll shmelessly plug any scenario he's XO of :rolleyes:  I like your map!

But here's some of mine :D :D

Yak-9 Races (Just 1v1)

P-47 Race - The Comeback of a lifetime race

Season Finalle - Rv-8 Races (I won :)

The Jug race is long (10 min). The RV race is one of my favs!
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »
If I had pictures I'd post them. We film every start. I guess I could post all 200 of those, if you like.

Here's a film of my first race win. No music, nothing fancy, just a raceoff between myself and RDRTrash.

And a highjack isn't a highjack unless it's intended to swerve the topic. I figured nobody's reply on my subject, but you did yourself.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:10:02 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 03:32:47 AM »
Redlegs,
those pit-stop races were really fun.  I was planning to do terrain with air-race airport, including the pit-stop lane, but h2h went south before that :(

Very very tiring ME163 race.  On final lap I was slowing down too much at last corner entry and SOLAS could go past easily SOLAS
http://www.warezhouze.1g.fi/Here/AH/vids/film161_ME163_SOLAS.ahf
Unfortunately the film don't show our battle against the black-outs and ever looming G-lock...

Bnasty,
 pretty tight Yak9 race there. The P47 video needs a trailer with Valkyrie ride music while P47 horde is approaching:eek: The Rv8 video looks very good. Somebody need to repaint the wingtips there:D

OOZ,
Your right. It was a bit spamtastic

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 05:42:46 AM »
Loved the air races xjazz, from the very first maps to this one.Hope h2h comes back:(

Offline SOLAS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 02:33:44 PM »
great movie xjazz;] it was so much fun, with you hosting the race-terrains.

i still keep the AH account but lost interest in, was not flying for weeks now..

will keep the account until the end of 2008 and when they not re-open H2H i delete it. because after all H2H was the best in the game for me, it was just wrong to close it [:
The eagle flies up towards the sun
High above the fields of babylon
In one claw he holds an olive branch for peace
In the other, twelve arrows for his enemies

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »
Although I would like H2H back, it wasn't wrong at the time. What was happening in our beloved H2H was getting out of hand. Someone had to do something, and it wasn't going to be the Veterans of H2H teaching the "Honor Code" to the squeakers.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »
Those racers were amazing.
Sometimes I pop in them when I've a day off just to time trial those suckers. Amazing work on them Jazz, truly amazing. Racing on the GV track in P-38's .. or Corsairs :D was one of the few highlights of my H2H days.

They should allow an 8 player or 16 player option in the lobby for those who pay in order to put these truly astonishing custom maps back into use. It's a shame to see such art go to waste.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline SOLAS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 11:11:08 AM »
Originally posted by SgtPappy

They should allow an 8 player or 16 player option in the lobby for those who pay in order to put these truly astonishing custom maps back into use. It's a shame to see such art go to waste.

its a waste of so much great terrains what happen actually. i tryed the official
air race events but they use just default terrains to fly a course on them, not even close the fun like in the custom maps like from xjazz, but also great pilots with ultra smooth flying there.

also so much other great terrains still not usable today, like player made tank battle maps, small maps for instant battle and other stuff like airstart terrains with drop starts in 20k alt. pure fun with the right music in the ears.

i have no problem with it when its only for paying users and i am sure this will become a interesting part of the game like it was in the h2h times.

excuse my english, i am from east germany, the former russian controlled area of germany. we had only russian in school and migs in the air day and night. at night i often woke up by the bright mig 29`s afterburner light reflecting in my room, taking off a airport close to me.. just to let you know hehe..
The eagle flies up towards the sun
High above the fields of babylon
In one claw he holds an olive branch for peace
In the other, twelve arrows for his enemies

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
Strats-va-tié! or.. Guten tag,

You're English is better than a lot of others here, even those who were home grown in North America.

After the development of the AH1 a/c into AH2 a/c standards, maybe the paying customers will get to see these maps again.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.